Second Annual LLVM Developers' Meeting

Ted Kremenek-2
Second Annual LLVM Developers' Meeting
August 1, 2008 - Apple Inc. Campus, Cupertino, California, U.S.A.

The second annual LLVM Developers' Meeting will be held this year at Apple Inc.'s main campus in Cupertino, California:

Like last year's inaugural meeting, the meeting serves as a forum for both LLVM developers and users to get acquainted, to learn how LLVM is used, and to exchange ideas about LLVM and its (potential) applications.

We invite everyone to officially register by July 20, 2008 for this meeting via our website:

We believe this meeting will be of interest to the following people:

• Active LLVM developers and users.
• Anyone interested in using LLVM, either as part of a commercial product, open-source project, or research.
• Compiler, programming language, and language runtime enthusiasts.
• Those interested in using compiler technology in novel and interesting ways.

Beyond discussing the core LLVM compiler infrastructure, this year's meeting will also dedicate a significant amount of attention to Clang, LLVM's new frontend for C-based languages.

We also invite you to sign up for the official Developer Meeting mailing list to be kept informed of updates concerning the meeting:

Last year's inaugural meeting was a success for LLVM and the LLVM community at large. We fully expect that this year's meeting will be an even greater success.  Please join us!

Potential Speakers

If you are interested in presenting at this year's LLVM Developers' Meeting, please submit your talk proposal to us by June 30, 2008 via the website:

About LLVM

The Low-Level Virtual Machine (LLVM) is a collection of libraries and tools that make it easy to build compilers, optimizers, Just-In-Time code generators, and many other compiler-related programs. LLVM uses a single, language-independent virtual instruction set both as an offline code representation (to communicate code between compiler phases and to run-time systems) and as the compiler internal representation (to analyze and transform programs). This persistent code representation allows a common set of sophisticated compiler techniques to be applied at compile-time, link-time, install-time, run-time, or "idle-time" (between program runs).

The strengths of the LLVM infrastructure are its extremely simple design (which makes it easy to understand and use), source-language independence, powerful mid-level optimizer, automated compiler debugging support, extensibility, and its stability and reliability. LLVM is currently being used to host a wide variety of academic research projects and commercial projects.

For more information, please visit http://llvm.org.

About Clang

Clang is a new frontend for C-based languages, targeting support for C, Objective-C, and C++.

Like the rest of LLVM, Clang consists of a collection of libraries, making it versatile in its applications.  The goal of Clang is to be multipurpose, allowing not only the creation of standalone compilers for C-based languages, but also intelligent IDEs, refactoring tools, source to source translators, static analysis tools, and countless others.  Other design goals of Clang include 100% compatibility with GCC and a high quality of implementation that makes Clang fast, scalable, and easy to customize and expand.

Clang was announced at last year's Developer Meeting.  This year's meeting will include an extensive discussion of Clang and its applications (both currently existing and planned).

For more information, please visit http://clang.llvm.org.