Reverse engineering in LLVM

Seung Jae Lee
Hello, LLVMers.

I am trying to restore the original HL code from LLVM IR (kinda reverse engineering). There are two main issues for that, control-flow analysis and data-flow analysis. (Thanks to your suggestsions) I have good refereces about the control-flow analysis for structuring conditionals, loops and so on.

However, I have no good idea about data-flow analysis, especially on PHI-functions. It is quite tricky for me to deal with the PHI nodes in LLVM IR in order to restore the original code. I read some reverse engineering thesis but they are a little bit old so don't handle SSA form.

Could you shed some lights on me how I can give it a shot?
It also should be greatly appreciated if you can introduce some references about that.
Happy holidays!

Thanks,
Seung

Some queries regarding const prop & alias analysis

naineet
Can someone tell me what kind of algorithm or method is used by IP const
propagation and alias analysis  implemented in LLVM. I would also
appreciate if someone can give me links or reference method used if
possible.

I would also like to know whether this methods are
flow-sensitive/flow-insensitive or context sensitive/insensitive for const
prop & alias analysis resp.

Thank You ....

Naineet Patel
CSE - IITB