Reminder: NewNIghtlyTest.pl

Reid Spencer-2
If you run a nightly test ..

This is a reminder that the script will change so that tonight's nightly
test will use the hybrid svn/cvs version. This requires the Date::Parse
perl module. If you haven't installed it yet, please do so before the
next run of your nightly test.

If you don't have time to do this, please make a copy of the existing
script and use that copy to run your nightly. Note that this will break
once the SVN migration occurs but it gives you some more time.

Thanks,

Reid.

Re: Reminder: NewNIghtlyTest.pl

Chris Lattner
On Thu, 5 Apr 2007, Reid Spencer wrote:
> This is a reminder that the script will change so that tonight's nightly
> test will use the hybrid svn/cvs version. This requires the Date::Parse
> perl module. If you haven't installed it yet, please do so before the
> next run of your nightly test.

Hi Reid,

We didn't have a chance to talk about this much when this came up, but why
do you need this module?  It's not commonly installed on all systems, so
this is another dependency people have to satisfy to be able to run the
nightly tester.  Is there any way to avoid this?

On Thu, 2007-04-05 at 14:07 -0700, Chris Lattner wrote:

> On Thu, 5 Apr 2007, Reid Spencer wrote:
> > This is a reminder that the script will change so that tonight's nightly
> > test will use the hybrid svn/cvs version. This requires the Date::Parse
> > perl module. If you haven't installed it yet, please do so before the
> > next run of your nightly test.
>
> Hi Reid,
>
> We didn't have a chance to talk about this much when this came up, but why
> do you need this module?  It's not commonly installed on all systems, so
> this is another dependency people have to satisfy to be able to run the
> nightly tester.  Is there any way to avoid this?

Only two things I can think of:

1. Forgo having "what changed" information in the nightly test
2. Ask Anton to write the date parsing without using Date::Parse and do
   the parsing manually.

Personally I don't think #1 is viable. It is good to know what changed
each day.

Reid.

> -Chris

Re: Reminder: NewNIghtlyTest.pl

Chris Lattner
On Thu, 5 Apr 2007, Reid Spencer wrote:

>> this is another dependency people have to satisfy to be able to run the
>> nightly tester.  Is there any way to avoid this?
>
> Only two things I can think of:
>
> 1. Forgo having "what changed" information in the nightly test
> 2. Ask Anton to write the date parsing without using Date::Parse and do
>   the parsing manually.
>
> Personally I don't think #1 is viable. It is good to know what changed
> each day.

I agree.  Is the date in a fixed format?  wouldn't a simple regex do the
trick?

On Thu, 2007-04-05 at 14:47 -0700, Chris Lattner wrote:

> On Thu, 5 Apr 2007, Reid Spencer wrote:
> >> this is another dependency people have to satisfy to be able to run the
> >> nightly tester.  Is there any way to avoid this?
> >
> > Only two things I can think of:
> >
> > 1. Forgo having "what changed" information in the nightly test
> > 2. Ask Anton to write the date parsing without using Date::Parse and do
> >   the parsing manually.
> >
> > Personally I don't think #1 is viable. It is good to know what changed
> > each day.
>
> I agree.  Is the date in a fixed format?  wouldn't a simple regex do the
> trick?

You're asking the wrong person. Anton did this part.

Anton?

> -Chris

Re: Reminder: NewNIghtlyTest.pl

Anton Korobeynikov
Hello, Chris.

> I agree.  Is the date in a fixed format?  wouldn't a simple regex do the
> trick?
It seems it doesn't have fixed format. At least it:
1. Outputs local time.
2. Date string contains national symbols

We should parse date by hands and filter revisions, which took place
during prev. day. So, in general we need 2 routines:

1. Parse date into some internal format.
2. Compute the difference from 'now' and decide, whether revision is
less, then 1 day old.

Any perl gurus around? My perl-fu is really low.

--
With best regards, Anton Korobeynikov.

Faculty of Mathematics & Mechanics, Saint Petersburg State University.

Re: Reminder: NewNIghtlyTest.pl

Adam Goode
Anton Korobeynikov wrote:

> Hello, Chris.
>
>> I agree.  Is the date in a fixed format?  wouldn't a simple regex do the
>> trick?
> It seems it doesn't have fixed format. At least it:
> 1. Outputs local time.
> 2. Date string contains national symbols
>
> We should parse date by hands and filter revisions, which took place
> during prev. day. So, in general we need 2 routines:
>
> 1. Parse date into some internal format.
> 2. Compute the difference from 'now' and decide, whether revision is
> less, then 1 day old.
>
> Any perl gurus around? My perl-fu is really low.

Hi,

Do you have some examples of the string to parse? What command generates it?

Adam

Re: Reminder: NewNIghtlyTest.pl

Anton Korobeynikov
Adam,

> Do you have some examples of the string to parse?
Surely (I don't know, what's the output with different locales):

Moved for versioning.
r33 | jlaskey | 2006-08-01 00:59:18 +0400 (Втр, 01 Авг 2006) | 1 line

Moved for versioning.
r32 | jlaskey | 2006-08-01 00:58:59 +0400 (Втр, 01 Авг 2006) | 1 line

Moved for versioning.
r31 | jlaskey | 2006-08-01 00:58:54 +0400 (Втр, 01 Авг 2006) | 1 line

Moved for versioning.
r30 | jlaskey | 2006-08-01 00:58:50 +0400 (Втр, 01 Авг 2006) | 1 line

>  What command generates it?
"svn log"

Thanks.

--
With best regards, Anton Korobeynikov.

Faculty of Mathematics & Mechanics, Saint Petersburg State University.

Re: Reminder: NewNIghtlyTest.pl

Jeff Cohen
Simple solution: svn log --xml

Standardize format for date/time.