Reminder: LLVM 2.2 code freeze 1 month away

Reminder: LLVM 2.2 code freeze 1 month away

Tanya Lattner-2

LLVMers,

The LLVM 2.2 release code freeze and branch creation is less than 1 month
away. All major changes should be commited to svn at least 1 week before
the code freeze. As a reminder, here is the complete release schedule
(which can also be found on the main page in the right sidebar):

Jan 16, 2008: Branch creation/Code Freeze (9PM PST).
Jan 18, 2008: First round of pre-release testing begins.
Jan 28, 2008: Pre-release testing ends.
Jan 30, 2008: Second round of pre-release testing begins.
Feb 3, 2008: Pre-release testing ends.
Feb 4, 2008: 2.2 released.

Tanya Lattner

Re: Reminder: LLVM 2.2 code freeze 1 month away

Gordon Henriksen-3
On 2007-12-18, at 20:03, Tanya M. Lattner wrote:

> The LLVM 2.2 release code freeze and branch creation is less than 1
> month away. All major changes should be commited to svn at least 1
> week before the code freeze. As a reminder, here is the complete
> release schedule (which can also be found on the main page in the
> right sidebar):
>
> Jan 16, 2008: Branch creation/Code Freeze (9PM PST).

Chris,

Do you think you'll have a chance to look at that last GC patch soon,
or should I put some "this isn't hooked up yet" warnings in
GarbageCollection.html in preparation for the release?

— Gordon

Re: Reminder: LLVM 2.2 code freeze 1 month away

Chris Lattner

On Jan 5, 2008, at 6:52 PM, Gordon Henriksen wrote:

> On 2007-12-18, at 20:03, Tanya M. Lattner wrote:
>
>> The LLVM 2.2 release code freeze and branch creation is less than 1
>> month away. All major changes should be commited to svn at least 1
>> week before the code freeze. As a reminder, here is the complete
>> release schedule (which can also be found on the main page in the
>> right sidebar):
>>
>> Jan 16, 2008: Branch creation/Code Freeze (9PM PST).
>

> Chris,
>
> Do you think you'll have a chance to look at that last GC patch soon,

Yep, done now.  Sorry for the delay Gordon, I think that real GC
support will be a great 2.2 feature!