Re: [LLVMbugs] Compiling to Win32

Anton Korobeynikov
Hello, Tom

>       * Intel and AMD machines running on Win32 using MinGW libraries
>         (native)
As you can see here, LLVM is happy on win32.

> without installing third-party libraries? Do these libraries need to
> be distributed along with the generated executables?
It depends on, how exactly you're compiling LLVM. If you'll go with
Cygwin-generated binaries, then yes - you'll need to depend on
cygwin1.dll, which cannot be distributed freely, if you'll use mingw -
you will use MS CRT, which is present on all win machines.

I don't know much details about vcpp build, so I let somebody familiar
to complete the answer :)

PS: Please post to llvmdev, not to llvm-bugs
--
With best regards, Anton Korobeynikov.

Faculty of Mathematics & Mechanics, Saint Petersburg State University.