Raising inline-asm blocks

Marcelo Sousa-2
Hello,

According to the notes in [1] there was a plan to raise inline assembly blocks to the level of LLVM intrinsics or 'actual' LLVM IR. Is anyone aware of progress in this area?
I'm aware that a complete solution in general is unlikely but a partial solution (that handles a subset of instructions directly mappable to the LLVM IR AST) could be very relevant.

[1] http://nondot.org/sabre/LLVMNotes/InlineAsm.txt

Thanks in advance,
Marcelo

Re: Raising inline-asm blocks

Eric Christopher
As far as I know there aren't any plans to do this any time soon. Do
you have a specific need?

-eric