Project help !! LLVM compiler ...testing codes

Project help !! LLVM compiler ...testing codes

penguinfoot
hello everyone ... my name is Karthik Parvathaneni ... and i am interested in working on this project ... can anyone please help me out with a detailed description of the project ??? .... i mean is it just writing codes and compiling using the compiler or something else ??? ..

Re: Project help !! LLVM compiler ...testing codes

John Criswell
karthik parvathaneni wrote:
> hello everyone ... my name is Karthik Parvathaneni ... and i am interested in working on this project ... can anyone please help me out with a detailed description of the project ??? .... i mean is it just writing codes and compiling using the compiler or something else ??? ..

If you are referring to the project on the Open Projects page
(http://llvm.cs.uiuc.edu/OpenProjects.html), then there are actually two
similar projects.

The first project is to just use LLVM to compile whatever programs you'd
like to compile.  These could be programs you've written, programs
you're working on (for work or school), or open-source programs.  The
key is that the programs haven't been compiled using LLVM before;
therefore, they may expose bugs in LLVM or show situations in which LLVM
does not optimize a program well.

The second project is to add programs to the LLVM test suite
(http://llvm.cs.uiuc.edu/docs/TestingGuide.html).  Naturally,
contributions to the llvm-test suite must be open source (as we're
redistributing the program's code as part of the test suite).

Does this answer your question?

-- John T.