Please update LDC references on LLVM website

Please update LDC references on LLVM website

Kai-47
Hi!

I like to submit some updates to the LLVM website regarding the LDC
compiler. All links are currently out-of-date. The following pages need
updates:

On page http://www.llvm.org/Users.html, please replace the existing
entry "LLVM D Compiler" in section "Open Source Projects" with:

        LDC</a></td>

On page http://www.llvm.org/ProjectsWithLLVM/, please update the table
of contents with

and replace the existing section with

<a name="LDC">LDC - the LLVM-based D Compiler</a>

By the <a href="http://wiki.dlang.org/LDC/">LDC Community</a>

and static
    typing. It pragmatically combines efficiency, control, and modeling
power,
    with safety and programmer productivity. D supports powerful
concepts like
    Compile-Time Function Execution (CTFE) and Template Meta-Programming,
    provides an innovative approach to concurrency and offers many classical
    paradigms.
frontend
    from the reference compiler combined with LLVM as backend to produce
    efficient native code.

Thank you very much!!!

Regards,
Kai

Re: Please update LDC references on LLVM website

Rafael Espíndola
Can you send a patch?

On 2 December 2013 06:44, Kai Nacke <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Hi!
>
> I like to submit some updates to the LLVM website regarding the LDC
> compiler. All links are currently out-of-date. The following pages need
> updates:
>
> On page http://www.llvm.org/Users.html, please replace the existing entry
> "LLVM D Compiler" in section "Open Source Projects" with:

>        LDC</a></td>
>
> On page http://www.llvm.org/ProjectsWithLLVM/, please update the table of
> contents with

> and replace the existing section with

> <a name="LDC">LDC - the LLVM-based D Compiler</a>

> By the <a href="http://wiki.dlang.org/LDC/">LDC Community</a>

> static
>    typing. It pragmatically combines efficiency, control, and modeling
> power,
>    with safety and programmer productivity. D supports powerful concepts
> like
>    Compile-Time Function Execution (CTFE) and Template Meta-Programming,
>    provides an innovative approach to concurrency and offers many classical
>    paradigms.
> frontend
>    from the reference compiler combined with LLVM as backend to produce
>    efficient native code.
>
> Thank you very much!!!
>
> Regards,
> Kai

Re: Please update LDC references on LLVM website

Kai-47
Hi Rafael,

is there a repository with the static pages or should I simply produce a
diff between the 2 versions?

Regards,
Kai

On 03.12.2013 14:30, Rafael Espíndola wrote:

> Can you send a patch?
>
> On 2 December 2013 06:44, Kai Nacke <[hidden email]> wrote:
>> Hi!
>>
>> I like to submit some updates to the LLVM website regarding the LDC
>> compiler. All links are currently out-of-date. The following pages need
>> updates:
>>
>> On page http://www.llvm.org/Users.html, please replace the existing entry
>> "LLVM D Compiler" in section "Open Source Projects" with:

>>         LDC</a></td>
>>
>> On page http://www.llvm.org/ProjectsWithLLVM/, please update the table of
>> contents with

>> and replace the existing section with

>> <a name="LDC">LDC - the LLVM-based D Compiler</a>

>> By the <a href="http://wiki.dlang.org/LDC/">LDC Community</a>

>> static
>>     typing. It pragmatically combines efficiency, control, and modeling
>> power,
>>     with safety and programmer productivity. D supports powerful concepts
>> like
>>     Compile-Time Function Execution (CTFE) and Template Meta-Programming,
>>     provides an innovative approach to concurrency and offers many classical
>>     paradigms.
>> frontend
>>     from the reference compiler combined with LLVM as backend to produce
>>     efficient native code.
>>
>> Thank you very much!!!
>>
>> Regards,
>> Kai

Re: Please update LDC references on LLVM website

Tim Northover-2
On 3 December 2013 16:08, Mikael Lyngvig <[hidden email]> wrote:
> You need to get the LLVM Sphinx docs using SVN or Git.  If you want it, I
> can do the changes for you since I have already everything in place.

I think the changes he wants actually are in static html pages, at
http://llvm.org/svn/llvm-project/www/trunk.

Cheers.

Tim.

Re: Please update LDC references on LLVM website

Mikael Lyngvig
Oh, sorry.  Thought everything had been converted to Sphinx.  Any particular reason why there are still static pages left on the website?

-- Mikael

2013/12/3 Tim Northover <[hidden email]>
On 3 December 2013 16:08, Mikael Lyngvig <[hidden email]> wrote:
> You need to get the LLVM Sphinx docs using SVN or Git.  If you want it, I
> can do the changes for you since I have already everything in place.

I think the changes he wants actually are in static html pages, at
http://llvm.org/svn/llvm-project/www/trunk.

Cheers.

Tim.

Re: Please update LDC references on LLVM website

Reid Kleckner-2
Anything outside of /docs/ is in plain HTML.  At least for the front page, we want the flexibility it provides.

On Tue, Dec 3, 2013 at 8:23 AM, Mikael Lyngvig <[hidden email]> wrote:
Oh, sorry.  Thought everything had been converted to Sphinx.  Any particular reason why there are still static pages left on the website?

-- Mikael

2013/12/3 Tim Northover <[hidden email]>
On 3 December 2013 16:08, Mikael Lyngvig <[hidden email]> wrote:
> You need to get the LLVM Sphinx docs using SVN or Git.  If you want it, I
> can do the changes for you since I have already everything in place.

I think the changes he wants actually are in static html pages, at
http://llvm.org/svn/llvm-project/www/trunk.

Cheers.

Tim.

Re: Please update LDC references on LLVM website

Kai Nacke
On 03.12.2013 14:30, Rafael Espíndola wrote:
> Can you send a patch?

Hi Rafael, the patch is attached.

@Mikael, Tim
Thanks for the help. I really needed only the link to the repo.

Regards,
Kai

ldcupdate.diff (3K) Download Attachment

Re: Please update LDC references on LLVM website

Rafael Espíndola
> Hi Rafael, the patch is attached.
>
> @Mikael, Tim
> Thanks for the help. I really needed only the link to the repo.

Committed as r196345.

Cheers,
Rafael