Persisting Problem Compiling llvm-gcc 4.2

Persisting Problem Compiling llvm-gcc 4.2

Kinson Chan 陳傑信
Dear All,

Thank you for the prompt suggestion in compiling llvm-gcc. I have just
tried the following:

llvm-gcc4.2-2.1-source$ make clean
llvm-gcc4.2-2.1-source$ ./configure --disable-multilib --disable-
shared --enable-languages=c,c++
llvm-gcc4.2-2.1-source$ make -j32

And still the code for Java is compiled and clashes with others in the
linker. I have tried removing the ./gcc/java folder and then it fails
at stage-1. I guess I missed some tricks disabling Java compilation.

Once again, thank you for your help.

Regards,
Kinson

Re: Persisting Problem Compiling llvm-gcc 4.2

Eric Christopher-2

On Feb 2, 2008, at 2:31 AM, Kinson Chan 陳傑信 wrote:

> Dear All,
>
> Thank you for the prompt suggestion in compiling llvm-gcc. I have just
> tried the following:
>
> llvm-gcc4.2-2.1-source$ make clean
> llvm-gcc4.2-2.1-source$ ./configure --disable-multilib --disable-
> shared --enable-languages=c,c++

Don't use ./configure. Set up another build directory and then
something like:

.../source/configure ...

Note that I make no claims this will fix your problem, but it'll be a
good start :)

-eric

Re: Persisting Problem Compiling llvm-gcc 4.2

Chris Lattner

On Feb 2, 2008, at 2:54 AM, Eric Christopher wrote:

> On Feb 2, 2008, at 2:31 AM, Kinson Chan 陳傑信 wrote:
>
>> Dear All,
>>
>> Thank you for the prompt suggestion in compiling llvm-gcc. I have
>> just
>> tried the following:
>>
>> llvm-gcc4.2-2.1-source$ make clean
>> llvm-gcc4.2-2.1-source$ ./configure --disable-multilib --disable-
>> shared --enable-languages=c,c++
>
> Don't use ./configure. Set up another build directory and then
> something like:
>
> .../source/configure ...
>
> Note that I make no claims this will fix your problem, but it'll be a
> good start :)

More generally, you really do need to follow the instructions in
README.LLVM.