New llvm-gcc4 snapshot

Chris Lattner

This changes the build to use llvm-config to figure out which llvm
libraries to link in.  This fixes build problems when libraries change
from .a's to .o's (like yesterday) or when dependencies between libraries
change.
http://nondot.org/sabre/2006-06-01-llvm-gcc-4.tar.gz

It also eliminates some warnings, which enables bootstrap, tested on
Darwin PPC/X86.

Re: New llvm-gcc4 snapshot

Jim Laskey
Markus,

We are in the process of trying to make this happen.  It's a matter
of getting all the duckings lined up in a row.

We finally resigned ourselves to the fact that we can't cvs/svn and
maintain the sanity of FSF branches, Apple branches and LLVM
branches.  So, over the next few working days we are going to set up
a nightly cron script to checkout the latest and greatest llvm
branch, strip the naughty bits, tarball, and then post on llvm.org.

An announcement will be made here when it's available.

We hope this will suffice.

Cheers,

-- Jim

On Jun 1, 2006, at 7:04 PM, Markus F.X.J. Oberhumer wrote:

> Chris,
>
> I would like to start testing llvm-gcc4 on linux, but I'd very much
> prefer a public CVS or SVN repo for staying up to date and to be
> able to provide useful patches. Is this available somewhere?
>
> ~Markus
>
> Chris Lattner wrote:
>> This changes the build to use llvm-config to figure out which llvm
>> libraries to link in.  This fixes build problems when libraries
>> change from .a's to .o's (like yesterday) or when dependencies
>> between libraries change.
>> http://nondot.org/sabre/2006-06-01-llvm-gcc-4.tar.gz
>> It also eliminates some warnings, which enables bootstrap, tested
>> on Darwin PPC/X86.
>> -Chris
>
> --
> Markus Oberhumer, <[hidden email]>, http://www.oberhumer.com/

smime.p7s (3K) Download Attachment

Re: New llvm-gcc4 snapshot

Reid Spencer
Would setting up rdist be a possibility?  That way the only the
incremental changes are transmitted and people don't have to wait for up
to 24 hours for a new tarball to be generated.

Reid.