Multi basic block regions

Pertti Kellomäki-2
The open projects page at <http://llvm.org/OpenProjects.html>
lists superblock formation as a possible idea for profile-guided
transformations. Is anyone working on formation of regions
consisting of multiple basic blocks? I don't recall any posts on
llvmdev to that effect.

It would be quite useful to have a general facility for grouping basic
blocks within a function, as that could be reused for traces,
superblocks, hyperblocks, etc.
--
Pertti

Re: Multi basic block regions

Evan Cheng-2

On Jan 10, 2008, at 2:05 AM, Pertti Kellomäki wrote:

> The open projects page at <http://llvm.org/OpenProjects.html>
> lists superblock formation as a possible idea for profile-guided
> transformations. Is anyone working on formation of regions
> consisting of multiple basic blocks? I don't recall any posts on
> llvmdev to that effect.
>
> It would be quite useful to have a general facility for grouping basic
> blocks within a function, as that could be reused for traces,
> superblocks, hyperblocks, etc.

Yes it would, especially for ia64. I am not aware of anyone working on
this area using llvm though.

Evan