Linking Transform/Utils

nadav256

Hello,

I am writing a target for LLVM 2.1 and I want to use the method CloneFunction from Transform/Utils/. The symbol is defined only in libLLVMTransformUtils.a so I get a linking error (undefined symbol) when I execute the module. I tried adding the LINK_LIBS_IN_SHARED and LLVMLIBS flags to the makefile but it didn't work. I guess that I can modify the LLVM libTransformUtils build so that it creates a shared object so I can load it in runtime, it doesn't seem like a proper solution.

Should I be using Transform/Utils at all ? If so, why is it not linked by default and how can I link it ?

Nadav

[1] CloneFunction: http://llvm.org/doxygen/namespacellvm.html#a519