Link step timeout on buildbots

Stephen Lin
Hi,

I'm not sure if this is a configuration controlled centrally, but if
it is, is there any way to disable or extend the process timeout on
the lab.llvm.org buildbots? It doesn't seem to serve much purpose
except to introduce false build failures, such as these from
clang-x86_64-ubuntu:

http://lab.llvm.org:8011/builders/clang-x86_64-ubuntu/builds/9519
http://lab.llvm.org:8011/builders/clang-x86_64-ubuntu/builds/9528
http://lab.llvm.org:8011/builders/clang-x86_64-ubuntu/builds/9529

Apologies if this has been asked before.

Stephen

Re: Link step timeout on buildbots

Duncan Sands
Hi Stephen,

> I'm not sure if this is a configuration controlled centrally, but if
> it is, is there any way to disable or extend the process timeout on
> the lab.llvm.org buildbots? It doesn't seem to serve much purpose
> except to introduce false build failures, such as these from
> clang-x86_64-ubuntu:

it does serve a purpose, since every now and again buildbots hang forever due
to a miscompilation turning a finite loop in a compiled program into an
infinite loop, or by an optimizer going into an infinite loop due to a bug in
it.

As for setting timeouts, the builders have a timeout parameter, take a look in
llvm.org/svn/llvm-project/zorg/trunk/buildbot/osuosl/master/config

Ciao, Duncan.