LLVM to Gcc tree convertor

Mike Emmel
I know the current gcc based frontend converts llvm trees to gcc trees.
Is anyone working on a backend for llvm that generates  gcc trees ?
It would at least be intresting since you can run all the llvm passes
and all the gcc passes. I'm not sure at what level you would want to
generate generic ssa ??

Mike

Re: LLVM to Gcc tree convertor

Chris Lattner
On Tue, 6 Dec 2005, Mike Emmel wrote:
> I know the current gcc based frontend converts llvm trees to gcc trees.
> Is anyone working on a backend for llvm that generates  gcc trees ?
> It would at least be intresting since you can run all the llvm passes
> and all the gcc passes. I'm not sure at what level you would want to
> generate generic ssa ??

Rafael Espindola on the gcc mailing list was interested in building this.
You might try asking on the GCC list.