LLVM,metadata for namespaces

Irina Lipov
Hello,
I am wring front end for compiler ,the project I am working on,is based on llvm.
I have a problem with generating metadata for namespaces.
I call createNameSpace (with correct arguments) and get DINameSpace .
But in IR file  no metadata for namespace is generated.
Can you advice me please what is the problem?Have I integrate in some way the DINameSpace I got with module or context?

--
Thank you,
Irena

Re: LLVM,metadata for namespaces

David Blaikie
just off the cuff, have you actually created and used any names in the namespace. I don't know for sure, but it wouldn't surprise me if the namespace doesn't exist independently of any uses.

Re: LLVM,metadata for namespaces

Irina Lipov
yes.I have in each namespace at least one function.And I call these functions later.
What I tried to do is to take module scope iterate all namespaces defined in it and call createNameSpace for each of them.
When debugging I see that the namespaces are generated ,but in IR file there is no debug information for namespaces

Also I tried to generate debug information for namespaces ,while treating lexical blocks...

I think ,that in  both cases generated DINameSpace, should be integrated with existing descriptor/s?

Thank you in advance for the answer

just off the cuff, have you actually created and used any names in the namespace. I don't know for sure, but it wouldn't surprise me if the namespace doesn't exist independently of any uses.

Re: LLVM,metadata for namespaces

Devang Patel

On Sep 19, 2011, at 7:31 AM, Irina Lipov wrote:

yes.I have in each namespace at least one function.And I call these functions later.
What I tried to do is to take module scope iterate all namespaces defined in it and call createNameSpace for each of them.
When debugging I see that the namespaces are generated ,but in IR file there is no debug information for namespaces

Do you see debug information for functions in IR ? Do you see any debug information in IR ?
-
Devang