LLVM build freezes in scratchbox, ARM target

Previous Topic Next Topic
 
classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
5 messages Options
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

LLVM build freezes in scratchbox, ARM target

Arvind Ayyangar
Hi,
        I am new to LLVM and have been trying to get it working on
scratchbox (ARM target). When I try to build llvm-2.1, the build
freezes with the following output..

/scratchbox/compilers/arm-softfloat-linux-gcc-3.4.4-cs-2005q3-2-glibc-2.3.6/bin/sbox-arm-softfloat-linux-gnu-nm:
'libgcc/./_dvmd_lnx_s.o': No such file
mv -f libgcc/./_dvmd_lnx.visT libgcc/./_dvmd_lnx.vis
/home/arvind/tools/llvm/llvm_build/./gcc/xgcc
-B/home/arvind/tools/llvm/llvm_build/./gcc/
-B/opt/llvm//arm-unknown-linux-gnu/bin/
-B/opt/llvm//arm-unknown-linux-gnu/lib/ -isystem
/opt/llvm//arm-unknown-linux-gnu/include -isystem
/opt/llvm//arm-unknown-linux-gnu/sys-include -O2  -O2 -g -O2  -DIN_GCC
   -W -Wall -Wwrite-strings -Wstrict-prototypes -Wmissing-prototypes
-Wold-style-definition  -isystem ./include  -fomit-frame-pointer -fPIC
-g0 -DHAVE_GTHR_DEFAULT -DIN_LIBGCC2 -D__GCC_FLOAT_NOT_NEEDED  -I. -I.
-I/home/arvind/tools/llvm/llvm-gcc4.2-2.1.source/gcc
-I/home/arvind/tools/llvm/llvm-gcc4.2-2.1.source/gcc/.
-I/home/arvind/tools/llvm/llvm-gcc4.2-2.1.source/gcc/../include
-I/home/arvind/tools/llvm/llvm-gcc4.2-2.1.source/gcc/../libcpp/include
 -I/home/arvind/tools/llvm/llvm-gcc4.2-2.1.source/gcc/../libdecnumber
-I../libdecnumber -DL_dvmd_lnx -xassembler-with-cpp -c
/home/arvind/tools/llvm/llvm-gcc4.2-2.1.source/gcc/config/arm/lib1funcs.asm
-include libgcc/./_dvmd_lnx.vis -o libgcc/./_dvmd_lnx.o
/home/arvind/tools/llvm/llvm_build/./gcc/xgcc
-B/home/arvind/tools/llvm/llvm_build/./gcc/
-B/opt/llvm//arm-unknown-linux-gnu/bin/
-B/opt/llvm//arm-unknown-linux-gnu/lib/ -isystem
/opt/llvm//arm-unknown-linux-gnu/include -isystem
/opt/llvm//arm-unknown-linux-gnu/sys-include -O2  -O2 -g -O2  -DIN_GCC
   -W -Wall -Wwrite-strings -Wstrict-prototypes -Wmissing-prototypes
-Wold-style-definition  -isystem ./include  -fomit-frame-pointer -fPIC
-g0 -DHAVE_GTHR_DEFAULT -DIN_LIBGCC2 -D__GCC_FLOAT_NOT_NEEDED  -I. -I.
-I/home/arvind/tools/llvm/llvm-gcc4.2-2.1.source/gcc
-I/home/arvind/tools/llvm/llvm-gcc4.2-2.1.source/gcc/.
-I/home/arvind/tools/llvm/llvm-gcc4.2-2.1.source/gcc/../include
-I/home/arvind/tools/llvm/llvm-gcc4.2-2.1.source/gcc/../libcpp/include
 -I/home/arvind/tools/llvm/llvm-gcc4.2-2.1.source/gcc/../libdecnumber
-I../libdecnumber -DL_cmpdi2 -fvisibility=hidden -DHIDE_EXPORTS -c
/home/arvind/tools/llvm/llvm-gcc4.2-2.1.source/gcc/libgcc2.c -o
libgcc/./_cmpdi2.o


Is this a known issue or am I missing out something very basic ?

Thanks in advance...

--
Cheers
Arvind
_______________________________________________
LLVM Developers mailing list
[hidden email]         http://llvm.cs.uiuc.edu
http://lists.cs.uiuc.edu/mailman/listinfo/llvmdev
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: LLVM build freezes in scratchbox, ARM target

Rafael Espindola-2
On 21/01/2008, Arvind Ayyangar <[hidden email]> wrote:
> Hi,
>         I am new to LLVM and have been trying to get it working on
> scratchbox (ARM target). When I try to build llvm-2.1, the build
> freezes with the following output..
>

I have build llvm inside scratchbox sometime ago. More recently Lauro
pointed out that one should use a patched qemu. Not sure if it is
still necessary, but give it a try:


http://dev.openbossa.org/trac/mamona/wiki/QEmuInstallationGuide

Cheers,
--
Rafael Avila de Espindola

Google Ireland Ltd.
Gordon House
Barrow Street
Dublin 4
Ireland

Registered in Dublin, Ireland
Registration Number: 368047
_______________________________________________
LLVM Developers mailing list
[hidden email]         http://llvm.cs.uiuc.edu
http://lists.cs.uiuc.edu/mailman/listinfo/llvmdev
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: LLVM build freezes in scratchbox, ARM target

Lauro Ramos Venancio
Hi Arvind,

To use llvm inside scratchbox you must use a newer qemu. See
http://setanta.wordpress.com/2007/11/20/qemu-arm-eabi-no-scratchbox/
(in Portuguese, but the important things are in bash :)  )

I don't know if it is the problem in this case, but it should be the
first attempt.

Lauro


2008/1/21, Rafael Espindola <[hidden email]>:

> On 21/01/2008, Arvind Ayyangar <[hidden email]> wrote:
> > Hi,
> >         I am new to LLVM and have been trying to get it working on
> > scratchbox (ARM target). When I try to build llvm-2.1, the build
> > freezes with the following output..
> >
>
> I have build llvm inside scratchbox sometime ago. More recently Lauro
> pointed out that one should use a patched qemu. Not sure if it is
> still necessary, but give it a try:
>
>
> http://dev.openbossa.org/trac/mamona/wiki/QEmuInstallationGuide
>
> Cheers,
> --
> Rafael Avila de Espindola
>
> Google Ireland Ltd.
> Gordon House
> Barrow Street
> Dublin 4
> Ireland
>
> Registered in Dublin, Ireland
> Registration Number: 368047
> _______________________________________________
> LLVM Developers mailing list
> [hidden email]         http://llvm.cs.uiuc.edu
> http://lists.cs.uiuc.edu/mailman/listinfo/llvmdev
>
_______________________________________________
LLVM Developers mailing list
[hidden email]         http://llvm.cs.uiuc.edu
http://lists.cs.uiuc.edu/mailman/listinfo/llvmdev
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: LLVM build freezes in scratchbox, ARM target

Arvind Ayyangar
On Jan 21, 2008 7:47 PM, Lauro Ramos Venancio <[hidden email]> wrote:
> Hi Arvind,
>
> To use llvm inside scratchbox you must use a newer qemu. See
> http://setanta.wordpress.com/2007/11/20/qemu-arm-eabi-no-scratchbox/
> (in Portuguese, but the important things are in bash :)  )

I have an installation of qemu on my system, but i don't think that
compilation of any code should depend on the qemu/emulator in any way.
Correct me if I am wrong.

-
Arvind
_______________________________________________
LLVM Developers mailing list
[hidden email]         http://llvm.cs.uiuc.edu
http://lists.cs.uiuc.edu/mailman/listinfo/llvmdev
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: LLVM build freezes in scratchbox, ARM target

Lauro Ramos Venancio
> I have an installation of qemu on my system, but i don't think that
> compilation of any code should depend on the qemu/emulator in any way.
> Correct me if I am wrong.

If you are doing a gcc bootstrap (you haven't used --disable-bootstrap
on configure), the compilation depends on qemu.


Lauro
_______________________________________________
LLVM Developers mailing list
[hidden email]         http://llvm.cs.uiuc.edu
http://lists.cs.uiuc.edu/mailman/listinfo/llvmdev