LLVM 2.4 Release!

Chris Lattner

Hi Everyone,

LLVM 2.4 is now officially released!  You can download it from
http://llvm.org/releases/ or view the release notes here:
http://llvm.org/releases/2.4/docs/ReleaseNotes.html

LLVM 2.4 includes many bug fixes, much faster compile times at -O0,
substantially better code generation in various cases, a new PIC16 target,
new IR features, and numerous other improvements and features (see the
release notes for details).

In addition to a great release, in August we had the 2nd annual LLVM
Developer's Meeting, with about 120 attendees.  From this meeting, we had
a number of great presentations and in person discussions.  If you missed
it, slides and videos of the talks are available here:
http://llvm.org/devmtg/2008-08/

If you have any questions or comments about this release, please contact
the LLVMdev mailing list (llvmdev at cs.uiuc.edu)!

-Chris

Previous Announcement (LLVM 2.3):
http://lists.cs.uiuc.edu/pipermail/llvm-announce/2008-June/000027.html