Is there someone tried LLVM 2.1 on Visual Studio 2005?

12

Re: Is there someone tried LLVM 2.1 on Visual Studio 2005?

Barry Kelly-2
> For whatever reason, only by manually deleting the config.h file in the
> llvm/include/Config directory can I get the project to re-gen that config.h
> file. I'm not sure if this is a property of running the build from the
> command-line (but I'm guessing it's not, since MSBuild is used internally
> inside VS), or if the file-copy is being prevented by something in my
> environment (files are marked writable, I already checked).

The MSBuild infrastructure isn't used by VS 2005 for C++ projects;
rather, VCBuild does the work. I'm not sure about VS 2008.

FWIW, I used ProcMon to diagnose file-handling issues I had in my build:

http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/sysinternals/bb896645.aspx

-- Barry

--
http://barrkel.blogspot.com/

Re: Is there someone tried LLVM 2.1 on Visual Studio 2005?

Xi Wang
Hi there,

Did anyone try VS2008/Vista?  There would a compile error (LLVM
2.1/2.2) at Line 126 in the file DynamicLibrary.inc.
// EnumerateLoadedModules(GetCurrentProcess(), ELM_Callback, 0);
Maybe MS changed the parameter type in the latest platform SDK.

A simple workaround.  At line 47 in the same file DynamicLibrary.inc,
// static BOOL CALLBACK ELM_Callback(PSTR  ModuleName, ...
change PSTR to PCSTR, and everything is OK.

I don't know if this works for VS2005/XP.

Xi

Re: Is there someone tried LLVM 2.1 on Visual Studio 2005?

Ted Neward
True, but MSBuild is what's invoked for a Solution, which then defers to
VCBuild, as I understand it. (The rumor is that the C++/CLI team was so busy
revamping the Managed C++ language for Whidby that they had no time to adapt
MSBuild to building C++ apps. *shrug*)

Regardless, as I mentioned in the follow-up email, the files *are* being
copied, just not where I expected them to end up, which I think is a bug in
the .sln/.vcproj files.

Ted Neward
Java, .NET, XML Services
Consulting, Teaching, Speaking, Writing
http://www.tedneward.com

Checked by AVG Free Edition.
10:55 AM

Re: Is there someone tried LLVM 2.1 on Visual Studio 2005?

Seung Jae Lee
I use VS2005/Vista, which works well...

Thx,
Seung

>Did anyone try VS2008/Vista?  There would a compile error (LLVM
>2.1/2.2) at Line 126 in the file DynamicLibrary.inc.
>// EnumerateLoadedModules(GetCurrentProcess(), ELM_Callback, 0);
>Maybe MS changed the parameter type in the latest platform SDK.
>
>A simple workaround.  At line 47 in the same file DynamicLibrary.inc,
>// static BOOL CALLBACK ELM_Callback(PSTR  ModuleName, ...
>change PSTR to PCSTR, and everything is OK.
>
>I don't know if this works for VS2005/XP.
>
>Xi

Re: Is there someone tried LLVM 2.1 on Visual Studio 2005?

Xi Wang
I'm sorry but did you use Vista Platform SDK or just compile under Vista?

Xi

On Fri, Feb 22, 2008 at 1:53 AM, Seung Jae Lee <[hidden email]> wrote:
> I use VS2005/Vista, which works well...
>
> Thx,
> Seung

Re: Is there someone tried LLVM 2.1 on Visual Studio 2005?

Seung Jae Lee
Xi,

I just installed VS2005 pro w/ SP1 for Win Vista.

Thanks,
Seung

>I'm sorry but did you use Vista Platform SDK or just compile under Vista?
>
>Xi
>
>On Fri, Feb 22, 2008 at 1:53 AM, Seung Jae Lee <[hidden email]> wrote:
>> I use VS2005/Vista, which works well...
>>
>> Thx,
>> Seung

Re: Is there someone tried LLVM 2.1 on Visual Studio 2005?

Xi Wang
Seung,

Got it, thanks.  I mean using the Vista Platform SDK could lead to the
compile error; just using VS2005 under Vista is fine.

Xi

On Sat, Feb 23, 2008 at 12:00 AM, Seung Jae Lee <[hidden email]> wrote:
> Xi,
>
> I just installed VS2005 pro w/ SP1 for Win Vista.
>
> Thanks,
> Seung
12