Interprocedural optimizations in LLVM

naineet
Hi Everyone,

Can Someone tell me all the interprocedural optimizations that LLVM 2.1
supports.

Thank You,
Naineet Patel
CSE
IITB

Re: Interprocedural optimizations in LLVM

Devang Patel

On Dec 21, 2007, at 11:31 AM, [hidden email] wrote:

> Hi Everyone,
>
> Can Someone tell me all the interprocedural optimizations that LLVM
> 2.1
> supports.

Once you checkout llvm 2.1 sources,

$ cd lib/Transforms/IPO/
$ ls
ArgumentPromotion.cpp GlobalOpt.cpp LowerSetJmp.cpp
ConstantMerge.cpp IPConstantPropagation.cpp Makefile
DeadArgumentElimination.cpp IndMemRemoval.cpp PruneEH.cpp
DeadTypeElimination.cpp InlineSimple.cpp RaiseAllocations.cpp
Debug Inliner.cpp SimplifyLibCalls.cpp
ExtractFunction.cpp Internalize.cpp StripDeadPrototypes.cpp
GlobalDCE.cpp LoopExtractor.cpp StripSymbols.cpp
$

In llvm 2.1 sources, there is incomplete document describing
optimization passes that may also be able to answer your query.
        docs/Passes.html

Yet another alternative is to build llvm optimizer tool 'opt' and do
        $ opt --help
to get list of optimization passes.

LLVM Documentation page, http://llvm.org/docs/, has lots of
information on how to build, use and extend LLVM.

-
Devang

Re: Interprocedural optimizations in LLVM

Gordon Henriksen-3
On 2007-12-21, at 12:31, [hidden email] wrote:

> Can Someone tell me all the interprocedural optimizations that LLVM
> 2.1
> supports.

You should be able to find them here: http://llvm.org/docs/Passes.html

— Gordon