Induction Variables vs Loop Control Variable

Induction Variables vs Loop Control Variable

Prabhat Kumar Saraswat
Hi all,
     I was wondering if its possible to identify loop control
variables from the induction variables in a Loop using LLVM.
Also, How does one can use the LoopInfo class to identify the natural
loops from the IR. In other words how to use the class in the pass?

Thanks,

Regards
Prabhat

Re: Induction Variables vs Loop Control Variable

Chris Lattner
On Tue, 5 Feb 2008, Prabhat Kumar Saraswat wrote:
>     I was wondering if its possible to identify loop control
> variables from the induction variables in a Loop using LLVM.
> Also, How does one can use the LoopInfo class to identify the natural
> loops from the IR. In other words how to use the class in the pass?

I'd strongly suggest looking at some existing loop pass like LICM or loop
strength reduction or induction variable simplification.  Induction
Variable Simplification specifically will show you how to rely on it and
how to identifier induction variables.