'Implementing a language with LLVM' tutorial

12

Re: 'Implementing a language with LLVM' tutorial

Chris Lattner
On Nov 11, 2007, at 2:41 PM, Kelly Wilson wrote:
> Hey Chris:
>
> Here are the diffs for the next few chapters of the tutorial that I
> have
> edited.

Nice!  You are an excellent editor, I'm impressed.  I committed these
without any changes here:
http://lists.cs.uiuc.edu/pipermail/llvm-commits/Week-of-Mon-20071112/055566.html

Thank you for the help with this.

> Please note that there is one recurring fix (straight-forward is
> changed to straightforward).

Noted, I'll try to teach my fingers :)

Re: 'Implementing a language with LLVM' tutorial

Kelly Wilson-2
Hi Chris,

Here are some diffs for the final three chapters of the Kaleidoscope
tutorial. The changes are the same sort of changes as previous diffs.

One question though....under the "Memory in LLVM" section of chapter 7
(mutable variables) there is a statement like this:

The mem2reg pass implements the standard "iterated dominator frontier"
algorithm...

Should this read ..."iterated dominance frontier" algorithm? Just
nit-picking here, but I have only seen the latter in reference to an
algorithm (I may be wrong ;). I changed both occurrences, but feel free
to change them back, if you prefer it that way.

Thanks,
K.Wilson

On Mon, 2007-11-12 at 23:07 -0800, Chris Lattner wrote:

> On Nov 11, 2007, at 2:41 PM, Kelly Wilson wrote:
> > Hey Chris:
> >
> > Here are the diffs for the next few chapters of the tutorial that I
> > have
> > edited.
>
> Nice!  You are an excellent editor, I'm impressed.  I committed these
> without any changes here:
> http://lists.cs.uiuc.edu/pipermail/llvm-commits/Week-of-Mon-20071112/055566.html
>
> Thank you for the help with this.
>
> > Please note that there is one recurring fix (straight-forward is
> > changed to straightforward).
>
> Noted, I'll try to teach my fingers :)
>
> -Chris

LangImpl6.diff (8K) Download Attachment
LangImpl7.diff (8K) Download Attachment
LangImpl8.diff (7K) Download Attachment

On Nov 13, 2007, at 11:46 AM, Kelly Wilson wrote:

> Hi Chris,
>
> Here are some diffs for the final three chapters of the Kaleidoscope
> tutorial. The changes are the same sort of changes as previous diffs.

Thanks!  Applied here:
http://lists.cs.uiuc.edu/pipermail/llvm-commits/Week-of-Mon-20071112/055640.html

> One question though....under the "Memory in LLVM" section of chapter 7
> (mutable variables) there is a statement like this:
>
> The mem2reg pass implements the standard "iterated dominator frontier"
> algorithm...
>
> Should this read ..."iterated dominance frontier" algorithm?

Yep, you're right, the patch looks great.  Thanks again!

12