How will get unoptimized LLVM assembly

Zahurul Islam
Dear All,
I am Zahurul Islam. I have found LLVM always generate optimize byte code,
but I want to stop this. Actually, I want unoptimized  LLVM assembly code
from C code.

Please help me to do that.

regards,
Zahurul Islam
BRAC University
Dhaka,Bangladesh

Re: How will get unoptimized LLVM assembly

Tanya Lattner-2

> I am Zahurul Islam. I have found LLVM always generate optimize byte code,
> but I want to stop this. Actually, I want unoptimized  LLVM assembly code
> from C code.

>From the FAQ:
http://llvm.cs.uiuc.edu/docs/FAQ.html#cfe

Passing "-Wa,-disable-opt -Wl,-disable-opt" will disable *all* cleanup and
optimizations done at the llvm level, leaving you with the truly horrible
code that you desire.

-Tanya

On Mon, 18 Jul 2005, Zahurul Islam wrote:

> Dear All,
> I am Zahurul Islam. I have found LLVM always generate optimize byte code,
> but I want to stop this. Actually, I want unoptimized  LLVM assembly code
> from C code.
> Please help me to do that.

Just pass "-Wa,-disable-opt -Wl,-disable-opt" to llvm-gcc.