Help:- Memory dependence profiling in LLVM

Help:- Memory dependence profiling in LLVM

unni_c
-----------------
Hello,

I want to do a memory dependence profiling. Is there any freely available
implementation of memory dependence profiling implementations in LLVM
which I can modify for my own use?

Unnikrishnan C

believed to be clean.

Re: Help:- Memory dependence profiling in LLVM

Sebastian Dreßler
Hi,

On 04/19/2013 07:41 AM, Unnikrishnan C wrote:
> I want to do a memory dependence profiling. Is there any freely available
> implementation of memory dependence profiling implementations in LLVM
> which I can modify for my own use?

Could you clarify "memory dependence" a bit more, please? E. g. do you
mean accesses to memory locations or object inter-dependencies or ... ?

Cheers,
Sebastian

--
Mit freundlichen Grüßen / Kind regards

Sebastian Dreßler

Zuse Institute Berlin (ZIB)
Takustraße 7
D-14195 Berlin-Dahlem
Germany

[hidden email]
Phone: +49 30 84185-261

http://www.zib.de/

On 04/19/2013 09:40 AM, Unnikrishnan C wrote:

> access to memory locations.
>
> example
> suppose we have
> A[ind1[i]=expr;       (s1)
> and A1[i]=A[ind2[i]]  (s2)
>
> to find what is the probability for RAW dependence from s1-->s2 and WAR
> dependence from s2--->s1 and WAW dependence from s1-->s1

There exists the "MemoryDependenceAnalysis" Pass in LLVM, but I'm unsure
whether it helps you. It uses alias analysis, so maybe you want to have
a look on that too.

Cheers,
Sebastian