GCC Merge Coming Up

Bill Wendling
Hi LLVMites,

There's going to be new LLVM-GCC merge with Apple's GCC 4.2 coming
up. If all goes well, this should happen tomorrow (Tuesday). I'll
have Tanya disable emails when I apply the patch so that you aren't
inundated with a bunch of messages. But I will send out the patch
afterwards as an attachment.

One of the main reasons for this merge is to get SSE4 support into
LLVM-GCC -- Nate Begeman already started adding support for SSE4 on
the code-gen side -- as well as testsuite improvements and other
general bug fixes.

This merge should go *much* more smoothly than the last merge -- it
could hardly be worse, right? ;-) I already did a test compile of
llvm-test with the patch and it compiled the programs without a
problem. Devang is currently testing it as well so that I have a
second opinion.

-bw

Re: GCC Merge Coming Up

Anton Korobeynikov
Hello, Bill

> This merge should go *much* more smoothly than the last merge -- it
> could hardly be worse, right? ;-) I already did a test compile of
> llvm-test with the patch and it compiled the programs without a
> problem. Devang is currently testing it as well so that I have a
> second opinion.
One thing, which we already saw: please carefully check, that you won't
commit any zero-sized files in the gcc/config/i386 directory.

--
WBR, Anton Korobeynikov

Re: GCC Merge Coming Up

Bill Wendling
2008/3/18 Anton Korobeynikov <[hidden email]>:

> Hello, Bill
>

>  > This merge should go *much* more smoothly than the last merge -- it
>  > could hardly be worse, right? ;-) I already did a test compile of
>  > llvm-test with the patch and it compiled the programs without a
>  > problem. Devang is currently testing it as well so that I have a
>  > second opinion.
>  One thing, which we already saw: please carefully check, that you won't
>  commit any zero-sized files in the gcc/config/i386 directory.

Definitely! :-) I learned that lesson the hard way.

-bw