FreeBSD-current

Niklas Sorensson
Hi,

llvm-gcc doesn't build under freebsd-current at the moment. I
don't know much about the build system of gcc, so figuring out what
went wrong took me quite some time.

The problem was that FreeBSD recently branched 7-release and renamed
current to FreeBSD-8, and the trivial fix is to make gcc aware of this.
Patch attached. For llvmgcc-4.2 the issue is already fixed in one of two
places but the remaining is solved the same way.

Cheers,

/Niklas

slask.patch (1K) Download Attachment

Re: FreeBSD-current

Duncan Sands-2
> llvm-gcc doesn't build under freebsd-current at the moment. I
> don't know much about the build system of gcc, so figuring out what
> went wrong took me quite some time.
>
> The problem was that FreeBSD recently branched 7-release and renamed
> current to FreeBSD-8, and the trivial fix is to make gcc aware of this.
> Patch attached. For llvmgcc-4.2 the issue is already fixed in one of two
> places but the remaining is solved the same way.

Is it possible to fix this with some kind of regexp that will also handle
FreeBSD-9 and higher?

Thanks,

Duncan.

Re: FreeBSD-current

Duncan Sands

Duncan Sands wrote:

>> llvm-gcc doesn't build under freebsd-current at the moment. I
>> don't know much about the build system of gcc, so figuring out what
>> went wrong took me quite some time.
>>
>> The problem was that FreeBSD recently branched 7-release and renamed
>> current to FreeBSD-8, and the trivial fix is to make gcc aware of this.
>> Patch attached. For llvmgcc-4.2 the issue is already fixed in one of two
>> places but the remaining is solved the same way.
>
> Is it possible to fix this with some kind of regexp that will also handle
> FreeBSD-9 and higher?
The attatched patch appears to work, but please sanity check since I'm
not really familiar with what I'm doing here. I also don't know were you
want the "APPLE LOCAL begin/end LLVM" comments.

Cheers,

/Niklas

slask.patch (3K) Download Attachment