Fix for "Bad fd number" error in test_debuginfo.pl

Fix for "Bad fd number" error in test_debuginfo.pl

Andy Gibbs
Hi,

Attached is a simple patch to fix a "Bad fd number" error in test_debuginfo.pl which has come about because of an invalid redirection in the system call.

Normally the stdout+stderr to file redirection is "&>" (not ">&" as in the script!), but I have found this to be unsupported on all shell types (I think it was introduced in bash at version 4, for example), so the more portable "> file 2>&1" has been substituted.

Cheers
Andy

fix.diff (900 bytes) Download Attachment

Re: Fix for "Bad fd number" error in test_debuginfo.pl

Andy Gibbs
Hi,

Please could someone kindly review this patch for me?

Many thanks
Andy

On Wednesday, July 18, 2012 4:29 PM, Andy Gibbs wrote:

> Hi,
>
> Attached is a simple patch to fix a "Bad fd number" error in
> test_debuginfo.pl which has come about because of an invalid redirection
> in the system call.
>
> Normally the stdout+stderr to file redirection is "&>" (not ">&" as in
> the script!), but I have found this to be unsupported on all shell types
> (I think it was introduced in bash at version 4, for example), so the
> more portable "> file 2>&1" has been substituted.
>
> Cheers
> Andy

fix.diff (900 bytes) Download Attachment

Re: Fix for "Bad fd number" error in test_debuginfo.pl

Duncan Sands
Hi Andy,

> Please could someone kindly review this patch for me?

LGTM.

Ciao, Duncan.