Error with llc after using llvm-g++ WIN32

Error with llc after using llvm-g++ WIN32

Ashwin Chandra
Hi All,
I'm having an issue with llc. I just updated cvs with latest llvm and llvm-gcc frontend code and compiled and made the binaries.
I took a small sample C++ file and compiled it into bytecode with "llvm-g++ -c sample.cpp".

Then after using "llc -march=C sample.cpp.bc", I get the following error:

llc -march=c KEYFNT.CPP.bc -f
assertion "Pass::getClassPassInfo<PassClass>() && "Pass class not registered!"" failed: file "/cygdrive/c/llvm/llvm/include/llvm/PassAnalysisSupport.h", line 76
Aborted

Wihtout the -march specified (using native x86 assembly) it does convert it into assembly, but is uncompilable (with some unecognized "," (comma) characters in the .s file).

Does anyone have an idea why these two errors happen and has anyone successfully used llvm-g++ on a WIN32 platform to compile files into bytecode and used llc to convert back into C/assembly?

Thanks,
Ashwin

Re: Error with llc after using llvm-g++ WIN32

Anton Korobeynikov
Hello, Ashwin.

You wrote Wednesday, May 24, 2006, 11:25:11 AM:

AC> "Pass::getClassPassInfo<PassClass>()    "Pass class not
AC> registered!"" failed: file
AC> "/cygdrive/c/llvm/llvm/include/llvm/PassAnalysisSupport.h", line 76
AC> Aborted
Same for me.

AC> Wihtout the -march specified (using native x86 assembly) it does
AC> convert it into assembly, but is uncompilable (with some unecognized "," (comma)
AC> characters in the .s file).
Yes. X86AsmWriter should be fixed. I've submitted patches for that in
this maillist some days ago.

AC> Does anyone have an idea why these two errors happen and has anyone
AC> successfully used llvm-g++ on a WIN32 platform to compile files into bytecode
AC> and used llc to convert back into C/assembly?
C++ is definitely broken on win32 platform due to many platform
specific issues (e.g. static ctors, etc.). Thank you for triggering
this bug - I'm working on this.

--
With best regards,
 Anton                          mailto:[hidden email]

Wednesday, May 24, 2006 4:00:59 PM

Faculty of Mathematics & Mechanics, Saint-Petersburg State University

Re: Error with llc after using llvm-g++ WIN32

Ashwin Chandra-2
Hi Anton,
For the asm writer..i just cvs updated yesterday. Was something added in in the past 24 hours?

On 5/24/06, Anton Korobeynikov <[hidden email]> wrote:
Hello, Ashwin.

You wrote Wednesday, May 24, 2006, 11:25:11 AM:

AC> "Pass::getClassPassInfo<PassClass>()    "Pass class not
AC> registered!"" failed: file
AC> "/cygdrive/c/llvm/llvm/include/llvm/PassAnalysisSupport.h", line 76
AC> Aborted
Same for me.

AC> Wihtout the -march specified (using native x86 assembly) it does
AC> convert it into assembly, but is uncompilable (with some unecognized "," (comma)
AC> characters in the .s file).
Yes. X86AsmWriter should be fixed. I've submitted patches for that in
this maillist some days ago.

AC> Does anyone have an idea why these two errors happen and has anyone
AC> successfully used llvm-g++ on a WIN32 platform to compile files into bytecode
AC> and used llc to convert back into C/assembly?
C++ is definitely broken on win32 platform due to many platform
specific issues (e.g. static ctors, etc.). Thank you for triggering
this bug - I'm working on this.

--
With best regards,
Anton                          mailto: [hidden email]

Wednesday, May 24, 2006 4:00:59 PM

Faculty of Mathematics & Mechanics, Saint-Petersburg State University

Re: Error with llc after using llvm-g++ WIN32

Evan Cheng-2

On May 24, 2006, at 5:03 AM, Anton Korobeynikov wrote:

> Hello, Ashwin.
>
> You wrote Wednesday, May 24, 2006, 11:25:11 AM:
>
> AC> "Pass::getClassPassInfo<PassClass>()    "Pass class not
> AC> registered!"" failed: file
> AC> "/cygdrive/c/llvm/llvm/include/llvm/PassAnalysisSupport.h",
> line 76
> AC> Aborted
> Same for me.
>
> AC> Wihtout the -march specified (using native x86 assembly) it does
> AC> convert it into assembly, but is uncompilable (with some
> unecognized "," (comma)
> AC> characters in the .s file).
> Yes. X86AsmWriter should be fixed. I've submitted patches for that in
> this maillist some days ago.

Could you resent? I cannot find your patch submission.

Thanks,

Evan

> AC> Does anyone have an idea why these two errors happen and has
> anyone
> AC> successfully used llvm-g++ on a WIN32 platform to compile files
> into bytecode
> AC> and used llc to convert back into C/assembly?
> C++ is definitely broken on win32 platform due to many platform
> specific issues (e.g. static ctors, etc.). Thank you for triggering
> this bug - I'm working on this.
>
> --
> With best regards,
>  Anton                          mailto:[hidden email]
>
> Wednesday, May 24, 2006 4:00:59 PM
>
> Faculty of Mathematics & Mechanics, Saint-Petersburg State University

Re: Error with llc after using llvm-g++ WIN32

Ashwin Chandra-2
Hi Anton,
Is the patch going to be uploaded to the CVS source?

Ashwin

On 5/24/06, Evan Cheng <[hidden email]> wrote:

On May 24, 2006, at 5:03 AM, Anton Korobeynikov wrote:

> Hello, Ashwin.
>
> You wrote Wednesday, May 24, 2006, 11:25:11 AM:
>
> AC> "Pass::getClassPassInfo<PassClass>()    "Pass class not
> AC> registered!"" failed: file
> AC> "/cygdrive/c/llvm/llvm/include/llvm/PassAnalysisSupport.h",
> line 76
> AC> Aborted
> Same for me.
>
> AC> Wihtout the -march specified (using native x86 assembly) it does
> AC> convert it into assembly, but is uncompilable (with some
> unecognized "," (comma)
> AC> characters in the .s file).
> Yes. X86AsmWriter should be fixed. I've submitted patches for that in
> this maillist some days ago.

Could you resent? I cannot find your patch submission.

Thanks,

Evan

> AC> Does anyone have an idea why these two errors happen and has
> anyone
> AC> successfully used llvm-g++ on a WIN32 platform to compile files
> into bytecode
> AC> and used llc to convert back into C/assembly?
> C++ is definitely broken on win32 platform due to many platform
> specific issues (e.g. static ctors, etc.). Thank you for triggering
> this bug - I'm working on this.
>
> --
> With best regards,
>  Anton                          mailto:[hidden email]
>
> Wednesday, May 24, 2006 4:00:59 PM
>
> Faculty of Mathematics & Mechanics, Saint-Petersburg State University

Re: Error with llc after using llvm-g++ WIN32

Evan Cheng-2
The patch is now in. Sorry about the delay!

Evan
On May 25, 2006, at 10:20 AM, Ashwin Chandra wrote:

Hi Anton,
Is the patch going to be uploaded to the CVS source?

Ashwin

On 5/24/06, Evan Cheng <[hidden email]> wrote:

On May 24, 2006, at 5:03 AM, Anton Korobeynikov wrote:

> Hello, Ashwin.
>
> You wrote Wednesday, May 24, 2006, 11:25:11 AM:
>
> AC> "Pass::getClassPassInfo<PassClass>()    "Pass class not
> AC> registered!"" failed: file
> AC> "/cygdrive/c/llvm/llvm/include/llvm/PassAnalysisSupport.h",
> line 76
> AC> Aborted
> Same for me.
>
> AC> Wihtout the -march specified (using native x86 assembly) it does
> AC> convert it into assembly, but is uncompilable (with some
> unecognized "," (comma)
> AC> characters in the .s file).
> Yes. X86AsmWriter should be fixed. I've submitted patches for that in
> this maillist some days ago.

Could you resent? I cannot find your patch submission.

Thanks,

Evan

> AC> Does anyone have an idea why these two errors happen and has
> anyone
> AC> successfully used llvm-g++ on a WIN32 platform to compile files
> into bytecode
> AC> and used llc to convert back into C/assembly?
> C++ is definitely broken on win32 platform due to many platform
> specific issues (e.g. static ctors, etc.). Thank you for triggering
> this bug - I'm working on this.
>
> --
> With best regards,
>  Anton                          mailto:[hidden email]
>
> Wednesday, May 24, 2006 4:00:59 PM
>
> Faculty of Mathematics & Mechanics, Saint-Petersburg State University

Re: Error with llc after using llvm-g++ WIN32

Ashwin Chandra-2
Hi Evan,
I updated cvs and recompilled llvm. Still getting some unrecognized commas in the compilation of the assembly file after using llc. I guess this is still future work...

Ashwin

On 5/25/06, Evan Cheng <[hidden email]> wrote:
The patch is now in. Sorry about the delay!

Evan

On May 25, 2006, at 10:20 AM, Ashwin Chandra wrote:

Hi Anton,
Is the patch going to be uploaded to the CVS source?

Ashwin

On 5/24/06, Evan Cheng <[hidden email] > wrote:

On May 24, 2006, at 5:03 AM, Anton Korobeynikov wrote:

> Hello, Ashwin.
>
> You wrote Wednesday, May 24, 2006, 11:25:11 AM:
>
> AC> "Pass::getClassPassInfo<PassClass>()    "Pass class not
> AC> registered!"" failed: file
> AC> "/cygdrive/c/llvm/llvm/include/llvm/PassAnalysisSupport.h",
> line 76
> AC> Aborted
> Same for me.
>
> AC> Wihtout the -march specified (using native x86 assembly) it does
> AC> convert it into assembly, but is uncompilable (with some
> unecognized "," (comma)
> AC> characters in the .s file).
> Yes. X86AsmWriter should be fixed. I've submitted patches for that in
> this maillist some days ago.

Could you resent? I cannot find your patch submission.

Thanks,

Evan

> AC> Does anyone have an idea why these two errors happen and has
> anyone
> AC> successfully used llvm-g++ on a WIN32 platform to compile files
> into bytecode
> AC> and used llc to convert back into C/assembly?
> C++ is definitely broken on win32 platform due to many platform
> specific issues (e.g. static ctors, etc.). Thank you for triggering
> this bug - I'm working on this.
>
> --
> With best regards,
>  Anton                          mailto:[hidden email]
>
> Wednesday, May 24, 2006 4:00:59 PM
>
> Faculty of Mathematics & Mechanics, Saint-Petersburg State University

Re: Error with llc after using llvm-g++ WIN32

Ashwin Chandra-2
Hi Evan,
Actually the unrecognized commas disappeared with the patch. What remains is a call to ".local" which doesn't exist in x86 or at least is not compilable by g++.
Ashwin

On 5/25/06, Ashwin Chandra <[hidden email]> wrote:
Hi Evan,
I updated cvs and recompilled llvm. Still getting some unrecognized commas in the compilation of the assembly file after using llc. I guess this is still future work...

Ashwin

On 5/25/06, Evan Cheng <[hidden email] > wrote:
The patch is now in. Sorry about the delay!

Evan

On May 25, 2006, at 10:20 AM, Ashwin Chandra wrote:

Hi Anton,
Is the patch going to be uploaded to the CVS source?

Ashwin

On 5/24/06, Evan Cheng <[hidden email] > wrote:

On May 24, 2006, at 5:03 AM, Anton Korobeynikov wrote:

> Hello, Ashwin.
>
> You wrote Wednesday, May 24, 2006, 11:25:11 AM:
>
> AC> "Pass::getClassPassInfo<PassClass>()    "Pass class not
> AC> registered!"" failed: file
> AC> "/cygdrive/c/llvm/llvm/include/llvm/PassAnalysisSupport.h",
> line 76
> AC> Aborted
> Same for me.
>
> AC> Wihtout the -march specified (using native x86 assembly) it does
> AC> convert it into assembly, but is uncompilable (with some
> unecognized "," (comma)
> AC> characters in the .s file).
> Yes. X86AsmWriter should be fixed. I've submitted patches for that in
> this maillist some days ago.

Could you resent? I cannot find your patch submission.

Thanks,

Evan

> AC> Does anyone have an idea why these two errors happen and has
> anyone
> AC> successfully used llvm-g++ on a WIN32 platform to compile files
> into bytecode
> AC> and used llc to convert back into C/assembly?
> C++ is definitely broken on win32 platform due to many platform
> specific issues (e.g. static ctors, etc.). Thank you for triggering
> this bug - I'm working on this.
>
> --
> With best regards,
>  Anton                          mailto:[hidden email]
>
> Wednesday, May 24, 2006 4:00:59 PM
>
> Faculty of Mathematics & Mechanics, Saint-Petersburg State University

Re: Error with llc after using llvm-g++ WIN32

Evan Cheng-2
Hi Ashwin,

Thanks for testing it out. Free feel to contribute patches to fix the problems! :-) Given that I work for Apple, you can't expect me to know anything about WIN32, right? :^)

Evan

On May 25, 2006, at 5:19 PM, Ashwin Chandra wrote:

Hi Evan,
Actually the unrecognized commas disappeared with the patch. What remains is a call to ".local" which doesn't exist in x86 or at least is not compilable by g++.
Ashwin

On 5/25/06, Ashwin Chandra <[hidden email]> wrote:
Hi Evan,
I updated cvs and recompilled llvm. Still getting some unrecognized commas in the compilation of the assembly file after using llc. I guess this is still future work...

Ashwin

On 5/25/06, Evan Cheng <[hidden email] > wrote:
The patch is now in. Sorry about the delay!

Evan

On May 25, 2006, at 10:20 AM, Ashwin Chandra wrote:

Hi Anton,
Is the patch going to be uploaded to the CVS source?

Ashwin

On 5/24/06, Evan Cheng <[hidden email] > wrote:

On May 24, 2006, at 5:03 AM, Anton Korobeynikov wrote:

> Hello, Ashwin.
>
> You wrote Wednesday, May 24, 2006, 11:25:11 AM:
>
> AC> "Pass::getClassPassInfo<PassClass>()    "Pass class not
> AC> registered!"" failed: file
> AC> "/cygdrive/c/llvm/llvm/include/llvm/PassAnalysisSupport.h",
> line 76
> AC> Aborted
> Same for me.
>
> AC> Wihtout the -march specified (using native x86 assembly) it does
> AC> convert it into assembly, but is uncompilable (with some
> unecognized "," (comma)
> AC> characters in the .s file).
> Yes. X86AsmWriter should be fixed. I've submitted patches for that in
> this maillist some days ago.

Could you resent? I cannot find your patch submission.

Thanks,

Evan

> AC> Does anyone have an idea why these two errors happen and has
> anyone
> AC> successfully used llvm-g++ on a WIN32 platform to compile files
> into bytecode
> AC> and used llc to convert back into C/assembly?
> C++ is definitely broken on win32 platform due to many platform
> specific issues (e.g. static ctors, etc.). Thank you for triggering
> this bug - I'm working on this.
>
> --
> With best regards,
>  Anton                          mailto:[hidden email]
>
> Wednesday, May 24, 2006 4:00:59 PM
>
> Faculty of Mathematics & Mechanics, Saint-Petersburg State University

Re[2]: Error with llc after using llvm-g++ WIN32

Anton Korobeynikov
Hello, Ashwin.

You wrote Friday, May 26, 2006, 4:19:32 AM:

AC> Actually the unrecognized commas disappeared with the patch.
AC> What remains is a call to ".local" which doesn't exist in x86 or
AC> at least is not compilable by g++.
It was my fault. It should be fixed soon.

--
With best regards,
 Anton                          mailto:[hidden email]

Friday, May 26, 2006 10:20:41 AM

Faculty of Mathematics & Mechanics, Saint-Petersburg State University