Error while linking Tablegen

Matthias Heine
Hi there,

I've been trying to build llvm2.1 this week. I remembered succeeding in
doing that a month ago or so. I am kind of puzzled, what I'm doing wrong
this time. I'm working on a x86/linux system. I've tried several
gcc-versions (3.3, 3.4, 4.1, 4.2).
make stops with the following error message:

collect2: ld returned 1 exit status
make[2]: *** [/my/folder/llvm-2.1/Release/bin/tblgen] Fehler 1
make[2]: Leaving directory `/nt/14/mhe/llvm-2.1/utils/TableGen'
make[1]: *** [TableGen/.makeall] Fehler 2
make[1]: Leaving directory `/nt/14/mhe/llvm-2.1/utils'
make: *** [all] Error 1

There are quite a lot of errors displayed, definitely too many to post
them in detail.
Generally they are undefined references to several expressions like:
`std::basic_string<char, std::char_traits<char>, std::allocator<char>
 >::append(char const*, unsigned int)'
in Signal.cpp for instance. Further files listed up are TimeValue.cpp
and Path.cpp.

I'd be thankful for any ideas, hints or flames!

Cheers
Matthias Heine

Re: Error while linking Tablegen

Anton Korobeynikov
Hello, Matthias

> Generally they are undefined references to several expressions like:
> `std::basic_string<char, std::char_traits<char>, std::allocator<char>
>  >::append(char const*, unsigned int)'
> in Signal.cpp for instance. Further files listed up are TimeValue.cpp
> and Path.cpp.
Looks like something is broken in your compiler installation. These
symbols should live in libstdc++. Everything is fine for me here (gcc
3.4.6 on x86-32/linux)

--
With best regards, Anton Korobeynikov.

Faculty of Mathematics & Mechanics, Saint Petersburg State University.