Dynamic Analysis

Previous Topic Next Topic
 
classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
7 messages Options
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Dynamic Analysis

tarun agrawal
Hi,
I want to find the dynamic slice of a given code. Is this already
implemented in LLVM?. If not which functions are there in the LLVM to
do dynamic analysis.
_______________________________________________
LLVM Developers mailing list
[hidden email]         http://llvm.cs.uiuc.edu
http://lists.cs.uiuc.edu/mailman/listinfo/llvmdev
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Dynamic Analysis

tarun agrawal
Hi,

 I am not able to find the documentation on SPEDI. Or the source code for the project.

Thanks and Regards,
 Tarun.

On Mon, Jan 9, 2012 at 3:24 PM, girish gulawani <[hidden email]> wrote:


 Hello Tarun.
You mean SPEDI?

Regards,
Girish.

From: tarun agrawal <[hidden email]>
To: llvmdev <[hidden email]>
Sent: Monday, 9 January 2012 2:43 PM
Subject: [LLVMdev] Dynamic Analysis

Hi,
I want to find the dynamic slice of a given code. Is this already
implemented in LLVM?. If not which functions are there in the LLVM to
do dynamic analysis.
_______________________________________________
LLVM Developers mailing list
[hidden email]        http://llvm.cs.uiuc.edu
http://lists.cs.uiuc.edu/mailman/listinfo/llvmdev




_______________________________________________
LLVM Developers mailing list
[hidden email]         http://llvm.cs.uiuc.edu
http://lists.cs.uiuc.edu/mailman/listinfo/llvmdev
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Dynamic Analysis

John Criswell-4
In reply to this post by tarun agrawal
Dear Tarun,

Swarup Sahoo and I wrote some LLVM passes for dynamic slicing for LLVM 2.6.  I believe we had planned to make the code publicly available as part of the Giri project (http://llvm.org/viewvc/llvm-project/giri/trunk), but due to other commitments, we have not moved the code into that SVN repository yet.

Let me check with Vikram and Swarup to see about getting a copy of the code to you.  Even if we do not fold it into the SVN repository right away, I think we can send you a copy of what we have directly.

-- John T.

________________________________________
From: [hidden email] [[hidden email]] on behalf of tarun agrawal [[hidden email]]
Sent: Monday, January 09, 2012 3:13 AM
To: llvmdev
Subject: [LLVMdev] Dynamic Analysis

Hi,
I want to find the dynamic slice of a given code. Is this already
implemented in LLVM?. If not which functions are there in the LLVM to
do dynamic analysis.
_______________________________________________
LLVM Developers mailing list
[hidden email]         http://llvm.cs.uiuc.edu
http://lists.cs.uiuc.edu/mailman/listinfo/llvmdev

_______________________________________________
LLVM Developers mailing list
[hidden email]         http://llvm.cs.uiuc.edu
http://lists.cs.uiuc.edu/mailman/listinfo/llvmdev
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Dynamic Analysis

tarun agrawal
Thanks John,
I would be a great help. It will save lots of time for me.

Thanks and Regards,
Tarun

On 1/10/12, Criswell, John T <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Dear Tarun,
>
> Swarup Sahoo and I wrote some LLVM passes for dynamic slicing for LLVM 2.6.
> I believe we had planned to make the code publicly available as part of the
> Giri project (http://llvm.org/viewvc/llvm-project/giri/trunk), but due to
> other commitments, we have not moved the code into that SVN repository yet.
>
> Let me check with Vikram and Swarup to see about getting a copy of the code
> to you.  Even if we do not fold it into the SVN repository right away, I
> think we can send you a copy of what we have directly.
>
> -- John T.
>
> ________________________________________
> From: [hidden email] [[hidden email]] on behalf of
> tarun agrawal [[hidden email]]
> Sent: Monday, January 09, 2012 3:13 AM
> To: llvmdev
> Subject: [LLVMdev] Dynamic Analysis
>
> Hi,
> I want to find the dynamic slice of a given code. Is this already
> implemented in LLVM?. If not which functions are there in the LLVM to
> do dynamic analysis.
> _______________________________________________
> LLVM Developers mailing list
> [hidden email]         http://llvm.cs.uiuc.edu
> http://lists.cs.uiuc.edu/mailman/listinfo/llvmdev
>
_______________________________________________
LLVM Developers mailing list
[hidden email]         http://llvm.cs.uiuc.edu
http://lists.cs.uiuc.edu/mailman/listinfo/llvmdev
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Dynamic Analysis

Pengfei Sun
In reply to this post by John Criswell-4
Dear John,

Now, I want to do dynamic analysis by dynamic slicing based on LLVM. I just
see that you have implemented dynamic slicing for LLVM. I also check the
Giri project, and I don't find the code. I hope I can learn something from
your code. I am very appreciated if you can tell me how to get the code or
send me one copy.

Thank you very much!

Pengfei



--
View this message in context: http://llvm.1065342.n5.nabble.com/Dynamic-Analysis-tp42317p61104.html
Sent from the LLVM - Dev mailing list archive at Nabble.com.
_______________________________________________
LLVM Developers mailing list
[hidden email]         http://llvm.cs.uiuc.edu
http://lists.cs.uiuc.edu/mailman/listinfo/llvmdev
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Dynamic Analysis

liuml07
Hi, Pengfei,

John and Dr. Swarup shared the code to me and I did some improvements this summer (supported by GSoC 2013). The code repository is at github: https://github.com/liuml07/giri

We're very glad that you are interested in doing dynamic analysis in LLVM too. I think we can work on this open source project together if you would like to join. Re-creating wheels is not needed if we can make the current tool general and most importantly, good, enough.

Regards.


On Thu, Sep 12, 2013 at 5:51 AM, Pengfei Sun <[hidden email]> wrote:
Dear John,

Now, I want to do dynamic analysis by dynamic slicing based on LLVM. I just
see that you have implemented dynamic slicing for LLVM. I also check the
Giri project, and I don't find the code. I hope I can learn something from
your code. I am very appreciated if you can tell me how to get the code or
send me one copy.

Thank you very much!

Pengfei



--
View this message in context: http://llvm.1065342.n5.nabble.com/Dynamic-Analysis-tp42317p61104.html
Sent from the LLVM - Dev mailing list archive at Nabble.com.
_______________________________________________
LLVM Developers mailing list
[hidden email]         http://llvm.cs.uiuc.edu
http://lists.cs.uiuc.edu/mailman/listinfo/llvmdev



--
Mingliang LIU (刘明亮 in Chinese)

PACMAN Group,  Dept. of Computer Science & Technology
Tsinghua University, Beijing 100084, China
Email: [hidden email]

_______________________________________________
LLVM Developers mailing list
[hidden email]         http://llvm.cs.uiuc.edu
http://lists.cs.uiuc.edu/mailman/listinfo/llvmdev
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Dynamic Analysis

liuml07
Hi Pengfei,

Glad you tried the program and it works fine to you for the first place. Dr. Swarup and John from UIUC wrote most of the code, and released the original code to public. Dynamic slicing tool is really very useful.

Giri is now far from perfect. For example, there are know bugs for multi-thread programs and I'm fixing it these weeks.  I will take charge of this project for a while and hopefully more people will join it. Dr. Swarup and John will give us directions and suggestions (including coding reviews) if we meet challenges. Dr. Swarup also suggested some works we should do next. I shall maintain a TODO list in the wiki page of this project. Thus you can pick up one and make improvements according to your interest and schedule. The most obvious one is to make the code work with latest LLVM 3.4.

To get to know how the slicing passes work, there are sever papers for your information:
- Differential Slicing: Identifying Causal Execution Differences for Security Applicaitons
- Dynamic Program Slicing
- Precise Dynamic Slicing Algorithms
- Using Likely Invariants for Automated Software Fault Localization

Good luck!


On Thu, Sep 19, 2013 at 9:57 PM, Sun, Pengfei <[hidden email]> wrote:
Hi Mingliang,

Yes, I have found your work and tried your code. It works very well. Great Work!

Your code is very helpful for me. I am very happy that  you invite me to join this open source project. I am very interesting in dynamic analysis based on LLVM. However, currently, I maybe only do little work. Because I am new for LLVM and have many things to learn. Anyway, I finally hope I can do some contribution. I am very appreciated if I can get your help in future.

Thank you very much!

Happy Mid-Autumn Festival!

Best Regards,
Pengfei

On Sep 17, 2013, at 5:04 AM, Mingliang LIU <[hidden email]>
 wrote:

Hi, Pengfei,

John and Dr. Swarup shared the code to me and I did some improvements this summer (supported by GSoC 2013). The code repository is at github: https://github.com/liuml07/giri

We're very glad that you are interested in doing dynamic analysis in LLVM too. I think we can work on this open source project together if you would like to join. Re-creating wheels is not needed if we can make the current tool general and most importantly, good, enough.

Regards.


On Thu, Sep 12, 2013 at 5:51 AM, Pengfei Sun <[hidden email]> wrote:
Dear John,

Now, I want to do dynamic analysis by dynamic slicing based on LLVM. I just
see that you have implemented dynamic slicing for LLVM. I also check the
Giri project, and I don't find the code. I hope I can learn something from
your code. I am very appreciated if you can tell me how to get the code or
send me one copy.

Thank you very much!

Pengfei



--
View this message in context: http://llvm.1065342.n5.nabble.com/Dynamic-Analysis-tp42317p61104.html
Sent from the LLVM - Dev mailing list archive at Nabble.com.
_______________________________________________
LLVM Developers mailing list
[hidden email]         http://llvm.cs.uiuc.edu
http://lists.cs.uiuc.edu/mailman/listinfo/llvmdev



--
Mingliang LIU (刘明亮 in Chinese)

PACMAN Group,  Dept. of Computer Science & Technology
Tsinghua University, Beijing 100084, China
Email: [hidden email]




--
Mingliang LIU (刘明亮 in Chinese)

PACMAN Group,  Dept. of Computer Science & Technology
Tsinghua University, Beijing 100084, China
Email: [hidden email]

_______________________________________________
LLVM Developers mailing list
[hidden email]         http://llvm.cs.uiuc.edu
http://lists.cs.uiuc.edu/mailman/listinfo/llvmdev