Dragonegg 2.9 Cannot load plugin

Nga Dang
Hi,

I'm using KLEE which supports only LLVM-2.9. In order to compile some
c++ file which requires gcc 4.5, I built Dragonegg 2.9 with LLVM-2.9
and gcc 4.5.1 on a Linux x86_64 machine. It was sucessfully built.

When I try to compile a c++ file using this plugin as below

gcc test.cpp -fplugin=path/dragonegg.so

I got this error:

cc1plus: error: Cannot load plugin path/dragonegg.so
path/dragonegg.so: undefined symbol: type_natural_mode

In the release note of LLVM2.9, it says "Currently it requires a
patched version of gcc-4.5" but I don't know which patch I should
apply. Can anyone suggest what I should do to make dragonegg2.9 work?

Thank you,
Nga

Re: Dragonegg 2.9 Cannot load plugin

Dan Liew
On 16 July 2014 15:59, Nga Dang <[hidden email]> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I'm using KLEE which supports only LLVM-2.9.

I've just answered a similar question you posted on klee-dev (see
[1]). KLEE supports LLVM3.4 so I would advise you just use Clang 3.4
and save yourself a lot of pain.

You should not thought KLEE has very rudimentary C++ support so many
things are likely not to work.

[1] http://mailman.ic.ac.uk/pipermail/klee-dev/2014-July/000766.html

Thanks,
Dan

Re: Dragonegg 2.9 Cannot load plugin

Duncan Sands
Hi Nga,

On 16/07/14 16:59, Nga Dang wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I'm using KLEE which supports only LLVM-2.9. In order to compile some
> c++ file which requires gcc 4.5, I built Dragonegg 2.9 with LLVM-2.9
> and gcc 4.5.1 on a Linux x86_64 machine. It was sucessfully built.
>
> When I try to compile a c++ file using this plugin as below
>
> gcc test.cpp -fplugin=path/dragonegg.so
>
> I got this error:
>
> cc1plus: error: Cannot load plugin path/dragonegg.so
> path/dragonegg.so: undefined symbol: type_natural_mode
>
> In the release note of LLVM2.9, it says "Currently it requires a
> patched version of gcc-4.5" but I don't know which patch I should
> apply. Can anyone suggest what I should do to make dragonegg2.9 work?

the GCC patch is included with the dragonegg-2.9 source code.

Ciao, Duncan.

Re: Dragonegg 2.9 Cannot load plugin

Dan Liew
> You should not thought KLEE has very rudimentary C++ support so many
> things are likely not to work.

Oops. That should of read

You should note though that KLEE has very rudimentary C++ support so
many things probably won't work.

Re: Dragonegg 2.9 Cannot load plugin

Nga Dang
I see, Dan.. that's very different sentence. Thank you Dan and Duncan.