Dependence Analysis on Machine code

rahul

Hi,

I am trying to do dependence analysis (loop dependences) on machine code.
But, scalar evolution doesn't work as expected (like at IR level - opt pass).
I am not getting enough clue as to how to proceed..

One naive way of getting the dependence information can be
- Do dependence analysis at IR level and attach the information as meta data.
  And then use this information at machine code level.
Can someone suggest better approach ??

Rahul Patil.

Re: Dependence Analysis on Machine code

Andrew Trick

On Mar 15, 2013, at 3:18 AM, rahul <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I am trying to do dependence analysis (loop dependences) on machine code.
> But, scalar evolution doesn't work as expected (like at IR level - opt pass).
> I am not getting enough clue as to how to proceed..
>
> One naive way of getting the dependence information can be
> - Do dependence analysis at IR level and attach the information as meta data.
>   And then use this information at machine code level.
> Can someone suggest better approach ??

It sounds like you have a good clue how to proceed. I can't think of a better way.
-Andy

Re: Dependence Analysis on Machine code

rahul
Thanks Andrew for the reply :)
I will try this out and see if it gives some satisfactory results.

--Rahul