DIBuilder not filling in references to compilation unit?

DIBuilder not filling in references to compilation unit?

Joe Groff
Hi everybody. I'm trying to use DIBuilder to emit debug information, but in the generated metadata, it appears that references to the compilation unit are being left null. The llvm.dbg.sp node also fails to get generated. Other than these missing pieces, the metadata looks otherwise correct. I am calling DIBuilder::finalize. When I try to inspect variables in GDB, it replies:

(gdb) print x
Unable to access variable "x"
$1 = <variable optimized away by compiler>

This ring any bells with anyone? Let me know if you need more information. Thanks.

-Joe

Re: DIBuilder not filling in references to compilation unit?

Devang Patel
Hi Joe,

On Dec 28, 2011, at 7:51 PM, Joe Groff wrote:

Hi everybody. I'm trying to use DIBuilder to emit debug information, but in the generated metadata, it appears that references to the compilation unit are being left null.

Are you using DIBuilder.finalize() in the end ?
-
Devang