Code Ownership Proposal

Michael Spencer-4
I am willing to take code ownership responsibilities for the following:

{include/llvm,lib}/{Object,Support}
tools/{ar,nm,objdump,ranlib,size}
utils/{kate,KillTheDoctor,obj2yaml,yaml2obj,yaml-bench}

- Michael Spencer

Re: Code Ownership Proposal

Chris Lattner-2

On Nov 11, 2012, at 5:32 PM, Michael Spencer <[hidden email]> wrote:

> I am willing to take code ownership responsibilities for the following:
>
> {include/llvm,lib}/{Object,Support}
> tools/{ar,nm,objdump,ranlib,size}
> utils/{kate,KillTheDoctor,obj2yaml,yaml2obj,yaml-bench}

Given that you've written most of this code, this makes perfect sense to me.  Unless anyone has any objection in the next couple days, please update CODE_OWNERS.TXT, and have at it!

Code ownership proposal

Du Toit, Stefanus
I'd like to propose that Michael Liao become the code owner for the x86 backend.

Michael has been a very frequent contributor to the x86 backend for the last few months, and is working on the x86 backend full-time.

Note that Michael is out of the office until Nov 29 with very limited email/internet access.

Thanks,

Stefanus

--
Stefanus Du Toit <[hidden email]>
Intel Waterloo

Re: Code ownership proposal

Chris Lattner-2

On Nov 15, 2012, at 7:45 AM, "Du Toit, Stefanus" <[hidden email]> wrote:

> I'd like to propose that Michael Liao become the code owner for the x86 backend.
>
> Michael has been a very frequent contributor to the x86 backend for the last few months, and is working on the x86 backend full-time.
>
> Note that Michael is out of the office until Nov 29 with very limited email/internet access.

This makes sense to me, any objections?

Re: Code ownership proposal

Michael Gottesman
I would like to nominate Nadav Rotem for the x86 backend.

Michael

On Nov 15, 2012, at 10:51 AM, Chris Lattner <[hidden email]> wrote:

> On Nov 15, 2012, at 7:45 AM, "Du Toit, Stefanus" <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
>> I'd like to propose that Michael Liao become the code owner for the x86 backend.
>>
>> Michael has been a very frequent contributor to the x86 backend for the last few months, and is working on the x86 backend full-time.
>>
>> Note that Michael is out of the office until Nov 29 with very limited email/internet access.
>
> This makes sense to me, any objections?
>
> -Chris

Re: Code ownership proposal

Craig Topper
I second Nadav as he's been involved in X86 for quite a while.

On Thu, Nov 15, 2012 at 10:59 AM, Michael Gottesman <[hidden email]> wrote:
I would like to nominate Nadav Rotem for the x86 backend.

Michael

On Nov 15, 2012, at 10:51 AM, Chris Lattner <[hidden email]> wrote:

> On Nov 15, 2012, at 7:45 AM, "Du Toit, Stefanus" <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
>> I'd like to propose that Michael Liao become the code owner for the x86 backend.
>>
>> Michael has been a very frequent contributor to the x86 backend for the last few months, and is working on the x86 backend full-time.
>>
>> Note that Michael is out of the office until Nov 29 with very limited email/internet access.
>
> This makes sense to me, any objections?
>
> -Chris

~Craig

Re: Code ownership proposal

Hal Finkel
> I would like to nominate Nadav Rotem for the x86 backend.

Michael has indeed been doing good work over the last few months, nevertheless, I think that Nadav is presently a better choice. Especially considering that Michael will be unavailable for the next couple of weeks, it does not make sense for him to be declared code owner through the 3.2 release. As 3.3 approaches, Michael will have more experience (and more availability), and he can ask for a change.

 -Hal

> Michael
>
> On Nov 15, 2012, at 10:51 AM, Chris Lattner <[hidden email]>
> wrote:
>

> > On Nov 15, 2012, at 7:45 AM, "Du Toit, Stefanus"
> > <[hidden email]> wrote:
> >
> >> I'd like to propose that Michael Liao become the code owner for
> >> the x86 backend.
> >>
> >> Michael has been a very frequent contributor to the x86 backend
> >> for the last few months, and is working on the x86 backend
> >> full-time.
> >>
> >> Note that Michael is out of the office until Nov 29 with very
> >> limited email/internet access.
> >
> > This makes sense to me, any objections?
> >
> > -Chris

Hal Finkel
Postdoctoral Appointee
Leadership Computing Facility
Argonne National Laboratory

Re: Code ownership proposal

Chris Lattner-2

On Nov 15, 2012, at 11:52 AM, Hal Finkel <[hidden email]> wrote:

> [...]

If Nadav is willing to do it, then I agree that this would be the right choice.  Nadav?

Re: Code ownership proposal

Nadav Rotem
I'll do it.

Thanks.