Clang 3.6.1 integration with MSVC++

Arkady Shapkin
Hi,

This page http://clang.llvm.org/docs/MSVCCompatibility.html says clang-cl supports C ++ exceptions, but I cannot compile code with simple try{}catch{}
error : cannot compile this throw expression yet

What am i doing wrong?

--
WBR,
Arkady Shapkin aka Dragon

Re: Clang 3.6.1 integration with MSVC++

Kaylor, Andrew

C++ exception support with clang-cl is a work in progress.  I don’t believe it is supported at all in 3.6.1 and even in the current trunk there are a lot of problems with it that we’re actively working on.

Re: Clang 3.6.1 integration with MSVC++

Reid Kleckner-2
The document actually says: "Exceptions and SEH: Partial. C++ exceptions (try / catch / throw) and structured exceptions (__try / __except / __finally) mostly work on x64."

That's not exactly the same thing as saying that clang-cl supports C++ exceptions. :-) I was also a bit optimistic when I wrote it, since I thought we could solve the problems of WinEHPrepare. We should probably downgrade it back to unsupported until the new representation goes in.

On Thu, Jun 18, 2015 at 11:41 AM, Arkady Shapkin <[hidden email]> wrote:
Hi,

This page http://clang.llvm.org/docs/MSVCCompatibility.html says clang-cl supports C ++ exceptions, but I cannot compile code with simple try{}catch{}
error : cannot compile this throw expression yet

What am i doing wrong?

--
WBR,
Arkady Shapkin aka Dragon

Re: Clang 3.6.1 integration with MSVC++

Arkady Shapkin
Thank you for answer.

> That's not exactly the same thing as saying that clang-cl supports C++ exceptions. :-) I
Yes, but when I saw all "green"/"yellow" on this clang page, I think that simple MSVC project should build with latest clang build for Windows (at least for x64 configuration).
Just please provide somewhere information when clang is ready to compile MSVC projects.

This doesn't compile with latest available clang build:
#include "stdafx.h"

int _tmain(int argc, _TCHAR* argv[])
{
    try