Building libLLVMSupport library - special tricks?

Building libLLVMSupport library - special tricks?

Lou Picciano
Duncan,

Yes, I'd been pretty much performing the same diagnosis in parallel - it seems we just don't have that libLLVMSupport library built.

Last night, tried the build of clang a few different ways to get that library built - including specifying the --gcc-toolchain option. No Joy!

Which of the clang/llvm source trees provides it? or is it in another source package? tools? Is there a Special Sauce which I must cook up?

Lou Picciano

(have changed topic title to re-focus on the core issue here!)

 Hi,

On 25/07/13 15:47, Lou Picciano wrote:
> Duncan,
> Many thanks for your comments.
>
> The core issue we're running into is this:
>
>     $ GCC=/usr/bin/gcc LLVM_CONFIG=/usr/bin/llvm-config make
>     Compiling utils/TargetInfo.cpp
>     Linking TargetInfo
>     ld: fatal: library -lLLVMSupport: not found

llvm-config is supposed to say where the libraries are.  Take a look at the
output of
   usr/bin/llvm-config --ldflags

On my system it outputs
  -L/usr/local/lib   -lrt -ldl -lpthread -lz
and indeed libLLVMSupport is there
   $ ls /usr/local/lib/libLLVMSupport*
   /usr/local/lib/libLLVMSupport.a

>     ld: fatal: file processing errors. No output written to TargetInfo
>     collect2: error: ld returned 1 exit status
>
> All other gyrations are attempts to shoehorn LLVMSupport into the compile. I've
> been sourcing the Makefile and README for hints.

Re: Building libLLVMSupport library - special tricks?

Duncan Sands
Hi Lou,

On 26/07/13 19:51, Lou Picciano wrote:
> Duncan,
>
> Yes, I'd been pretty much performing the same diagnosis in parallel - it seems
> we just don't have that libLLVMSupport library built.

did you build LLVM?  It's part of LLVM not part of clang.  It's a very
fundamental part of LLVM too, so I don't understand how you can possibly
not have it.  Where did you get your LLVM installation from?

Ciao, Duncan.