Build failed Intrinsics.td no such file, it is there!

Previous Topic Next Topic
 
classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
4 messages Options
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Build failed Intrinsics.td no such file, it is there!

Flexicat01
Hello, i am trying to build llvm 3.2 and early into the make proccess i am getting this error:

llvm[1]: Building Intrinsics.gen.tmp from Intrinsics.td
Could not open input file '/src/llvm-3.2.src/include/llvm/Intrinsics.td': No such file or directory
Makefile:23: recipe for target `/src/llvm-3.2.src/build/lib/VMCore/Release+Asserts/Intrinsics.gen.tmp' failed
make[1]: *** [/src/llvm-3.2.src/build/lib/VMCore/Release+Asserts/Intrinsics.gen.tmp] Error 1
make[1]: Leaving directory `/src/llvm-3.2.src/build/lib/VMCore'
/src/llvm-3.2.src/Makefile.rules:862: recipe for target `all' failed

I went to check for myself and the file '/src/llvm-3.2.src/include/llvm/Intrinsics.td' does infact exist right there so i don't understand what the problem is. Anyone seen something like this?
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Build failed Intrinsics.td no such file, it is there!

Jim Grosbach
This looks like you're trying to have your build directory be inside the source directory. Don't do that.

-Jim

On Dec 21, 2012, at 12:33 PM, Flexicat01 <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Hello, i am trying to build llvm 3.2 and early into the make proccess i am
> getting this error:
>
> llvm[1]: Building Intrinsics.gen.tmp from Intrinsics.td
> Could not open input file '/src/llvm-3.2.src/include/llvm/Intrinsics.td': No
> such file or directory
> Makefile:23: recipe for target
> `/src/llvm-3.2.src/build/lib/VMCore/Release+Asserts/Intrinsics.gen.tmp'
> failed
> make[1]: ***
> [/src/llvm-3.2.src/build/lib/VMCore/Release+Asserts/Intrinsics.gen.tmp]
> Error 1
> make[1]: Leaving directory `/src/llvm-3.2.src/build/lib/VMCore'
> /src/llvm-3.2.src/Makefile.rules:862: recipe for target `all' failed
>
> I went to check for myself and the file
> '/src/llvm-3.2.src/include/llvm/Intrinsics.td' does infact exist right there
> so i don't understand what the problem is. Anyone seen something like this?
>
>
>
> --
> View this message in context: http://llvm.1065342.n5.nabble.com/Build-failed-Intrinsics-td-no-such-file-it-is-there-tp52792.html
> Sent from the LLVM - Dev mailing list archive at Nabble.com.
> _______________________________________________
> LLVM Developers mailing list
> [hidden email]         http://llvm.cs.uiuc.edu
> http://lists.cs.uiuc.edu/mailman/listinfo/llvmdev

_______________________________________________
LLVM Developers mailing list
[hidden email]         http://llvm.cs.uiuc.edu
http://lists.cs.uiuc.edu/mailman/listinfo/llvmdev
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Build failed Intrinsics.td no such file, it is there!

Flexicat01
This post was updated on .
Of course, i have moved the build directory outside of the llvm source tree but it still has the same error.
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Build failed Intrinsics.td no such file, it is there!

Jim Grosbach
Excellent! Glad that fixed your problem.

Regards,
  Jim

On Dec 21, 2012, at 1:16 PM, Flexicat01 <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Of course, my apologies, its late.
>
> Fixed now it seems mate thanks.
>
>
>
> --
> View this message in context: http://llvm.1065342.n5.nabble.com/Build-failed-Intrinsics-td-no-such-file-it-is-there-tp52792p52794.html
> Sent from the LLVM - Dev mailing list archive at Nabble.com.
> _______________________________________________
> LLVM Developers mailing list
> [hidden email]         http://llvm.cs.uiuc.edu
> http://lists.cs.uiuc.edu/mailman/listinfo/llvmdev

_______________________________________________
LLVM Developers mailing list
[hidden email]         http://llvm.cs.uiuc.edu
http://lists.cs.uiuc.edu/mailman/listinfo/llvmdev