Broken versions of GCC and other tools

Cristian Cadar
GCC versions listed here are known to not work. If you are using one of
these versions, please try to upgrade your GCC to something more recent.
If you run into a problem with a version of GCC not listed here, please
let us know. Please use the "gcc -v" command to find out which version
of GCC you are using.

        Hello, I just wanted to report that I had problems compiling
     LLVM 2.2 with gcc 4.3.0 on Fedora Core 9.  I successfully compiled
     it on the same machine with gcc 3.4.6, and on a different machine
     with gcc 4.1.2.  Here is the output of gcc -v
$ gcc -v
Using built-in specs.
Target: i386-redhat-linux
Configured with: ../configure --prefix=/usr --mandir=/usr/share/man
--infodir=/usr/share/info
--with-bugurl=http://bugzilla.redhat.com/bugzilla --enable-bootstrap
--enable-shared --enable-threads=posix --enable-checking=release
--with-system-zlib --enable-__cxa_atexit --disable-libunwind-exceptions
--enable-languages=c,c++,objc,obj-c++,java,fortran,ada
--enable-java-awt=gtk --disable-dssi --enable-plugin
--with-java-home=/usr/lib/jvm/java-1.5.0-gcj-1.5.0.0/jre
--enable-libgcj-multifile --enable-java-maintainer-mode
--with-ecj-jar=/usr/share/java/eclipse-ecj.jar
--disable-libjava-multilib --with-cpu=generic --build=i386-redhat-linux
Thread model: posix
gcc version 4.3.0 20080428 (Red Hat 4.3.0-8) (GCC)

        I also attached the output of make (unfortunately, I didn't
     have time to inspect it).

        Cristian

make.log (40K) Download Attachment

Re: Broken versions of GCC and other tools

Anton Korobeynikov
Hello

> GCC versions listed here are known to not work. If you are using one of
> these versions, please try to upgrade your GCC to something more recent.
> If you run into a problem with a version of GCC not listed here, please
> let us know. Please use the "gcc -v" command to find out which version
> of GCC you are using.
This is not true. GCC is not broken.

1. You will need to update to something newer, than LLVM 2.2. For
example, LLVM 2.3+ :)
2. http://gcc.gnu.org/gcc-4.3/porting_to.html

--
With best regards, Anton Korobeynikov.

Faculty of Mathematics & Mechanics, Saint Petersburg State University.

Re: Broken versions of GCC and other tools

Gordon Henriksen-3
Hi Anton,

He could've been more clear, but Cristian was quoting this passage
from http://llvm.org/docs/GettingStarted.html#brokengcc