3.1 Has Branched

Bill Wendling-2
Hi all,

We branched for the 3.1 release! (Yay!)

If there are any fixes which you think should go into the release, please contact the code owners (http://llvm.org/docs/DeveloperPolicy.html#owners) so that they can approve the patches. No patches will be accepted into the 3.1 release without prior approval!

This should be a great release! :-)

-bw

Re: 3.1 Has Branched

Jiao Xianjun
how to get this branch?
still svn co http://llvm.org/svn/llvm-project/llvm/trunk llvm?
Thank you.

On Tue, Apr 17, 2012 at 2:16 PM, Bill Wendling <[hidden email]> wrote:
Hi all,

We branched for the 3.1 release! (Yay!)

If there are any fixes which you think should go into the release, please contact the code owners (http://llvm.org/docs/DeveloperPolicy.html#owners) so that they can approve the patches. No patches will be accepted into the 3.1 release without prior approval!

This should be a great release! :-)

-bw

Re: 3.1 Has Branched

Gregory Junker-2
On 4/16/2012 11:29 PM, Jiao Xianjun wrote:
> how to get this branch?
> still svn co http://llvm.org/svn/llvm-project/llvm/trunk llvm?
> Thank you.

For new checkouts:

svn co http://llvm.org/svn/llvm-project/llvm/branches/release_31 llvm

For existing code (say you have ToT from just before the branch and you
want to freeze it on the 3.1 branch), you would want to use the "svn
switch" command (from within your top-level LLVM SVN directory):

svn switch http://llvm.org/svn/llvm-project/llvm/branches/release_31 .

(include the trailing dot).

Then you can just do svn update as normal to stay up to date with the
3.1 tree.

Greg

Re: 3.1 Has Branched

Marshall Clow-2
On Apr 16, 2012, at 11:29 PM, Jiao Xianjun wrote:
On Tue, Apr 17, 2012 at 2:16 PM, Bill Wendling <[hidden email]> wrote:
Hi all,

We branched for the 3.1 release! (Yay!)

If there are any fixes which you think should go into the release, please contact the code owners (http://llvm.org/docs/DeveloperPolicy.html#owners) so that they can approve the patches. No patches will be accepted into the 3.1 release without prior approval!

This should be a great release! :-)

how to get this branch?
still svn co http://llvm.org/svn/llvm-project/llvm/trunk llvm?
Thank you.

http://llvm.org/svn/llvm-project/llvm/branches/release_31  is where the branch lives.

-- Marshall

Marshall Clow     Idio Software   <[hidden email]>

A.D. 1517: Martin Luther nails his 95 Theses to the church door and is promptly moderated down to (-1, Flamebait).
        -- Yu Suzuki

Re: [cfe-dev] 3.1 Has Branched

Ted Kremenek-2
What was the revision the branch was made from?

On Apr 16, 2012, at 11:16 PM, Bill Wendling <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> We branched for the 3.1 release! (Yay!)
>
> If there are any fixes which you think should go into the release, please contact the code owners (http://llvm.org/docs/DeveloperPolicy.html#owners) so that they can approve the patches. No patches will be accepted into the 3.1 release without prior approval!
>
> This should be a great release! :-)
>
> -bw

Re: 3.1 Has Branched

Ben Pope
On Wednesday, April 18, 2012 01:57 AM, Ted Kremenek wrote:
> What was the revision the branch was made from?

svn log http://llvm.org/svn/llvm-project/llvm/branches/release_31/
--stop-on-copy

Re: [cfe-dev] 3.1 Has Branched

Konstantin Tokarev

17.04.2012, 10:16, "Bill Wendling" <[hidden email]>:
> Hi all,
>
> We branched for the 3.1 release! (Yay!)
>
> If there are any fixes which you think should go into the release, please contact the code owners (http://llvm.org/docs/DeveloperPolicy.html#owners) so that they can approve the patches. No patches will be accepted into the 3.1 release without prior approval!
>
> This should be a great release! :-)

When release branch will be available through the git mirror too?

Konstantin

Re: [cfe-dev] 3.1 Has Branched

Anton Korobeynikov-2
> When release branch will be available through the git mirror too?
I will wait for another branch and will add the information to mirror

--
With best regards, Anton Korobeynikov