254.gap SPEC2000

Fernando Magno Quintao Pereira

Dear guys,

     I am writing some scripts to allow me to compile the programs in
SPEC2000 using llvm-gcc. I have been successfull with almost all of them,
but need some help with 254.gap. I am producing a .bc file using llvm-gcc,
and then a .s using llc. Then I use gcc to produce an executable. In this
last phase, I am getting:

/usr/bin/ld: Undefined symbols:
_SyLibname
_SyMemory
_SyTime
_syEchoch
_syEchos
_syGetch
_syStartraw
_syStopraw
_SyFputs
_SyIsIntr

I probably must have to pass some flags to gcc to define those symbols.
Has any of you guys tried to compile the SPEC's in this way, and could
give me your command line for gcc? I am in Mac OS X 10.4.8. My script is
this one here:

#!/bin/bash

echo "Producing executable.bc";

llvm-gcc system.c agcollec.c finfield.c pcpresen.c record.c unknown.c
aggroup.c function.c permutat.c scanner.c vecffe.c blister.c gap.c plist.c
set.c vector.c coding.c gasman.c polynom.c statemen.c word.c costab.c
idents.c range.c string.c cyclotom.c integer.c rational.c eval.c list.c
read.c tietze.c -o executable;

echo "Producing exec_ln...";

llc -f -stats -regalloc=linearscan executable.bc -o ln.s;

gcc ln.s -o exec_ln;

echo "Producing exec_ch...";

llc -f -stats -regalloc=chordal executable.bc -o ch.s;

gcc ch.s -o exec_ch;

# collect statistics:
stats_sh ch.s ln.s

Re: 254.gap SPEC2000

Dale Johannesen

On Feb 24, 2007, at 5:23 PM, Fernando Magno Quintao Pereira wrote:

> Dear guys,
>
>      I am writing some scripts to allow me to compile the programs in
> SPEC2000 using llvm-gcc. I have been successfull with almost all of
> them,
> but need some help with 254.gap. I am producing a .bc file using
> llvm-gcc,
> and then a .s using llc. Then I use gcc to produce an executable.
> In this
> last phase, I am getting:
>
> /usr/bin/ld: Undefined symbols:
> _SyLibname
> _SyMemory
> _SyTime
> _syEchoch
> _syEchos
> _syGetch
> _syStartraw
> _syStopraw
> _SyFputs
> _SyIsIntr

> I probably must have to pass some flags to gcc to define those
> symbols.

Yep.  The following should work on Mac OS X.

-DSYS_IS_BSD -DSYS_HAS_IOCTL_PROTO -DSYS_HAS_TIME_PROTO -
DSYS_HAS_SIGNAL_PROTO -DSYS_HAS_ANSI -DSYS_HAS_CALLOC_PROTO -
DSYS_HAS_STDIO_PROTO