2.5 Pre-release2 available for testing

Tanya Lattner-2
LLVMers,

The 2.5 pre-release2 is finally available for testing:
http://llvm.org/prereleases/2.5/

If you have time, I'd appreciate anyone who can help test the release. Please do the following:

1) Download/compile llvm source, and either compile llvm-gcc source or use llvm-gcc binary (please compile llvm-gcc with fortran if you can).
2) Run make check, send me the testrun.log
3) Run "make TEST=nightly report" and send me the report.nightly.txt
4) Please provide details on what platform you compiled LLVM on, how you built LLMV (src == obj, or src != obj), gcc version, and if you compiled llvm-gcc with support for fortran. The more details, the better.

Please COMPLETE ALL TESTING BY end of the day on Feb. 28th!

We hope to have the final release out on 3/2/2009 (assuming no new regressions).

Thanks,
Tanya Lattner

Re: 2.5 Pre-release2 available for testing

Aaron Gray-3
On Fri, Feb 20, 2009 at 11:45 PM, Tanya Lattner <[hidden email]> wrote:
LLVMers,

The 2.5 pre-release2 is finally available for testing:
http://llvm.org/prereleases/2.5/

If you have time, I'd appreciate anyone who can help test the release. Please do the following:

1) Download/compile llvm source, and either compile llvm-gcc source or use llvm-gcc binary (please compile llvm-gcc with fortran if you can).
2) Run make check, send me the testrun.log
3) Run "make TEST=nightly report" and send me the report.nightly.txt
4) Please provide details on what platform you compiled LLVM on, how you built LLMV (src == obj, or src != obj), gcc version, and if you compiled llvm-gcc with support for fortran. The more details, the better.

Cygwin with GCC 3.4.4 is failing llvm-gcc-4.2-2.5 with :-

    cc1plus: error: unrecognized command line option "-Wno-variadic-macros"

Is anyone testing Cygwin with GCC 4.2 or 4.4 ?

Aaron

On Sat, Feb 21, 2009 at 9:54 PM, Aaron Gray <[hidden email]> wrote:
[...]

I hacked "-Wno-variadic-macros" bug but llvm-gcc is hanging on GCC 3.4.4 Cygwin later on first bootstrap pass in configure when "checking executable suffix", presumably this is the first self call.

On the face of it, it looks like it may be a tough one to debug, dont know if GCC 3.4.4 Cygwin will make it to 2.5 release.

I'll try with GCC 4.2 on Cygwin tommorow, unless anyone else is covering it.

Aaron

Re: 2.5 Pre-release2 available for testing

Duncan Sands
Hi Tanya, the gcc testsuite doesn't seem to be present
in llvm-gcc4.2-2.5.source.  I don't think removing it
is a good idea.  I noticed this when I wanted to check
that the release passes the Ada checks.

Ciao,

Duncan.

On Sun, Feb 22, 2009 at 2:56 AM, Aaron Gray <[hidden email]> wrote:
[...]

Actually its [configure-stage3-intl] where its hanging.

Aaron

On Feb 22, 2009, at 12:29 AM, Duncan Sands wrote:

> Hi Tanya, the gcc testsuite doesn't seem to be present
> in llvm-gcc4.2-2.5.source.  I don't think removing it
> is a good idea.  I noticed this when I wanted to check
> that the release passes the Ada checks.

Its been removed from the final release for many releases now. I
personally don't care but was told to do this. I'll check with Chris
when he gets back.

-Tanya

> Ciao,
>
> Duncan.

Re: 2.5 Pre-release2 available for testing

Anton Korobeynikov-2

Actually its [configure-stage3-intl] where its hanging.
This can easily be due to inline FP math in the stdlib headers. For example - I had to maintain slightly hacked mingw32 headers which do not contain inline FP assembler, otherwise at least libstdc++ configure would hang. No idea about cygwin though.

---
With best regards, Anton Korobeynikov

On Sun, Feb 22, 2009 at 11:15 PM, Anton Korobeynikov <[hidden email]> wrote:

Actually its [configure-stage3-intl] where its hanging.
This can easily be due to inline FP math in the stdlib headers. For example - I had to maintain slightly hacked mingw32 headers which do not contain inline FP assembler, otherwise at least libstdc++ configure would hang. No idea about cygwin though.

Don't think it is that. I looked at the configure code and I cannot work out why its failing on working out what the exe suffix is. Weird bug.

I have GCC 4.2.2 built on Cygwin now and will try with that,

Cheers,

Aaron

---

On Mon, Feb 23, 2009 at 12:12 AM, Aaron Gray <[hidden email]> wrote:
On Sun, Feb 22, 2009 at 11:15 PM, Anton Korobeynikov <[hidden email]> wrote:

Actually its [configure-stage3-intl] where its hanging.
This can easily be due to inline FP math in the stdlib headers. For example - I had to maintain slightly hacked mingw32 headers which do not contain inline FP assembler, otherwise at least libstdc++ configure would hang. No idea about cygwin though.

Don't think it is that. I looked at the configure code and I cannot work out why its failing on working out what the exe suffix is. Weird bug.

I have GCC 4.2.2 built on Cygwin now and will try with that,

Okay, LLVM 2.5 R2 and LLVM-gc-4.2-2.5 R2 are both building on Cygwin with GCC-4.2.2

make check is coming up with some errors though.

Aaron

On Mon, Feb 23, 2009 at 2:50 PM, Aaron Gray <[hidden email]> wrote:
On Mon, Feb 23, 2009 at 12:12 AM, Aaron Gray <[hidden email]> wrote:

Okay, LLVM 2.5 R2 and LLVM-GCC-4.2-2.5 R2 are both building on Cygwin with GCC-4.2.2

make check is coming up with some errors though.

                ===  Summary ===
# of expected passes            3100
# of unexpected failures        65
# of expected failures          18
make[1]: Leaving directory `/usr/build/llvm-2.5/test'

make check output attached as a file. Running make-test next ...
Cheers,

Aaron

make.check (39K) Download Attachment

Re: 2.5 Pre-release2 available for testing

Ben Laurie-3
On Fri, Feb 20, 2009 at 11:45 PM, Tanya Lattner <[hidden email]> wrote:

> LLVMers,
>
> The 2.5 pre-release2 is finally available for testing:
> http://llvm.org/prereleases/2.5/
>
> If you have time, I'd appreciate anyone who can help test the release.
> Please do the following:
>
> 1) Download/compile llvm source, and either compile llvm-gcc source or use
> llvm-gcc binary (please compile llvm-gcc with fortran if you can).

Unclear which of the many tarballs you mean, so I chose the smallest :-)

> 2) Run make check, send me the testrun.log

$ gmake check
llvm[0]: Running test suite
gmake[1]: Entering directory
`/disk1.1/usr/home/ben/software/unpacked/llvm-2.5/test'
Making a new site.exp file...
*** dejagnu not found.  Make sure 'runtest' is in your PATH, then
reconfigure LLVM.
gmake[1]: Leaving directory
`/disk1.1/usr/home/ben/software/unpacked/llvm-2.5/test'

This is on FreeBSD. I have no idea what "runtest" is?

> 3) Run "make TEST=nightly report" and send me the report.nightly.txt
> 4) Please provide details on what platform you compiled LLVM on, how you
> built LLMV (src == obj, or src != obj), gcc version, and if you compiled
> llvm-gcc with support for fortran. The more details, the better.
>
> Please COMPLETE ALL TESTING BY end of the day on Feb. 28th!
> We hope to have the final release out on 3/2/2009 (assuming no new
> regressions).
> Thanks,
> Tanya Lattner

Re: 2.5 Pre-release2 available for testing

Török Edwin
On 2009-02-24 17:49, Ben Laurie wrote:

> On Fri, Feb 20, 2009 at 11:45 PM, Tanya Lattner <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
>> LLVMers,
>>
>> The 2.5 pre-release2 is finally available for testing:
>> http://llvm.org/prereleases/2.5/
>>
>> If you have time, I'd appreciate anyone who can help test the release.
>> Please do the following:
>>
>> 1) Download/compile llvm source, and either compile llvm-gcc source or use
>> llvm-gcc binary (please compile llvm-gcc with fortran if you can).
>>

> Unclear which of the many tarballs you mean, so I chose the smallest :-)
>

>> 2) Run make check, send me the testrun.log
>>

> $ gmake check
> llvm[0]: Running test suite
> gmake[1]: Entering directory
> `/disk1.1/usr/home/ben/software/unpacked/llvm-2.5/test'
> Making a new site.exp file...
> *** dejagnu not found.  Make sure 'runtest' is in your PATH, then
> reconfigure LLVM.
> gmake[1]: Leaving directory
> `/disk1.1/usr/home/ben/software/unpacked/llvm-2.5/test'
>
> This is on FreeBSD. I have no idea what "runtest" is?

It is dejagnu. Install it.

Best regards,
--Edwin

Re: 2.5 Pre-release2 available for testing

Tanya Lattner-2

>> The 2.5 pre-release2 is finally available for testing:
>> http://llvm.org/prereleases/2.5/
>>
>> If you have time, I'd appreciate anyone who can help test the release.
>> Please do the following:
>>
>> 1) Download/compile llvm source, and either compile llvm-gcc source or use
>> llvm-gcc binary (please compile llvm-gcc with fortran if you can).
>
> Unclear which of the many tarballs you mean, so I chose the smallest :-)
You should get llvm, llvm-test, and either a binary (for your platform) or
source of llvm-gcc.

-Tanya