2.2 build failure

Previous Topic Next Topic
 
classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
4 messages Options
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

2.2 build failure

Sanjiv Gupta
I am using gcc 3.2.3 on RHEL 3 to build llvm 2.2.
Below are the build errors:

/home/i00171/Work/llvm-work/src/llvm-2.2/include/llvm/Analysis/DominatorInternals.h:147: no
   type named `NodeType' in `class llvm::BasicBlock'
/home/i00171/Work/llvm-work/src/llvm-2.2/include/llvm/Analysis/DominatorInternals.h:150: `
   VInfo' undeclared (first use this function)
/home/i00171/Work/llvm-work/src/llvm-2.2/include/llvm/Analysis/DominatorInternals.h:152: no
   matching function for call to `Compress(
   llvm::DominatorTreeBase<llvm::BasicBlock>&, llvm::BasicBlock*&)'


TIA,
Sanjiv

_______________________________________________
LLVM Developers mailing list
[hidden email]         http://llvm.cs.uiuc.edu
http://lists.cs.uiuc.edu/mailman/listinfo/llvmdev
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: 2.2 build failure

Chris Lattner
On Tue, 12 Feb 2008, Sanjiv Gupta wrote:

> I am using gcc 3.2.3 on RHEL 3 to build llvm 2.2.
> Below are the build errors:
>
> /home/i00171/Work/llvm-work/src/llvm-2.2/include/llvm/Analysis/DominatorInternals.h:147:
> no
>   type named `NodeType' in `class llvm::BasicBlock'
> /home/i00171/Work/llvm-work/src/llvm-2.2/include/llvm/Analysis/DominatorInternals.h:150:
> `
>   VInfo' undeclared (first use this function)
> /home/i00171/Work/llvm-work/src/llvm-2.2/include/llvm/Analysis/DominatorInternals.h:152:
> no
>   matching function for call to `Compress(
>   llvm::DominatorTreeBase<llvm::BasicBlock>&, llvm::BasicBlock*&)'

That is a very strange error: I think the code is fine, but your GCC is
confused.  I notice that GCC 3.2.2 is listed as a "known bad" version of
GCC. It could be that 3.2.3 is also broken as well.  Is there any local
source change you can make to that file that gets it working?  If not, I'd
suggest upgrading to a newer GCC.  Sorry :(

-Chris

--
http://nondot.org/sabre/
http://llvm.org/
_______________________________________________
LLVM Developers mailing list
[hidden email]         http://llvm.cs.uiuc.edu
http://lists.cs.uiuc.edu/mailman/listinfo/llvmdev
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: 2.2 build failure

Sanjiv Gupta


On 2/12/08, Chris Lattner <[hidden email]> wrote:
On Tue, 12 Feb 2008, Sanjiv Gupta wrote:
> I am using gcc 3.2.3 on RHEL 3 to build llvm 2.2.
> Below are the build errors:
>
> /home/i00171/Work/llvm-work/src/llvm-2.2/include/llvm/Analysis/DominatorInternals.h:147:
> no
>   type named `NodeType' in `class llvm::BasicBlock'
> /home/i00171/Work/llvm-work/src/llvm-2.2/include/llvm/Analysis/DominatorInternals.h:150:
> `
>   VInfo' undeclared (first use this function)
> /home/i00171/Work/llvm-work/src/llvm-2.2/include/llvm/Analysis/DominatorInternals.h:152:
> no
>   matching function for call to `Compress(
>   llvm::DominatorTreeBase<llvm::BasicBlock>&, llvm::BasicBlock*&)'

That is a very strange error: I think the code is fine, but your GCC is
confused.  I notice that GCC 3.2.2 is listed as a "known bad" version of
GCC. It could be that 3.2.3 is also broken as well.  Is there any local
source change you can make to that file that gets it working?  If not, I'd
suggest upgrading to a newer GCC.  Sorry :(

-Chris
 
I did build GCC 4.2 and used that to build LLVM 2.2. It builds fine now.
 
Thanks,
Sanjiv
 

 

_______________________________________________
LLVM Developers mailing list
[hidden email]         http://llvm.cs.uiuc.edu
http://lists.cs.uiuc.edu/mailman/listinfo/llvmdev
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: 2.2 build failure

Chris Lattner
On Wed, 13 Feb 2008, Sanjiv Gupta wrote:
> I did build GCC 4.2 and used that to build LLVM 2.2. It builds fine now.

Sounds good, I added 3.2.3 to the list of broken gcc's.

-Chris

--
http://nondot.org/sabre/
http://llvm.org/
_______________________________________________
LLVM Developers mailing list
[hidden email]         http://llvm.cs.uiuc.edu
http://lists.cs.uiuc.edu/mailman/listinfo/llvmdev